Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Computrainer vs. TACX Bushido
Quote | Reply

Posted earlier regarding Cycleops and CT. Pretty much ruled out CO but now curious about the TACX. With CT it just seems like OLD technology....
Anyone have any experience with the TACX Bushido or other model.LBS claims it's a decade ahead in technolgy and there is NO comparison in Technology and quality of hardware Only differences are there is no Tri specific courses and no pedal stroke analysis. Is this a much better quality unit? Anyone have one?

Team Every Man Jack

http://www.teamemj.com
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer vs. TACX Bushido [dmounts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcrainmaker did a nice review of both, and a comparison.
Here's the link to the Bushido review:
http://www.dcrainmaker.com/...in-depth-review.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Listen to your LBS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Tacx Bushido. I recently sold my computrainer. Both are excellent. On the CT, I only used Ergo mode and had many great workouts on it but never used the spin scan and hated the Atari look to the graphics.

Bought a Tacx Bushido and VR upgrade to hook it up to my laptop and get all the real life courses and virtual training. It's a lot more fun if that is what you are looking for. I did the Mt Ventoux climb and it was dreadfully difficult on the Tacx, as I'm sure it is on the CT and in real life. The technology is definitely better and the real life courses are great. I've done some sufferfest video's on them and it works out great. Bushido runs on battery and does not plug in like CT and the Tacx Fortius. Makes it pretty portable if need to move it.

I don't think that you will go wrong with either one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The tacx bushido is a terrible unit. The software is very buggy, you CANNOT use the trainer with just the head unit... trust me on this one. It is absolutely useless. You can't review your ride with the head unit, and if you want to upload them to TTS, it doesn't work. It's been broken since TTS 3.4. Any climb passed 4% becomes unrealistically hard and the trainer becomes VERY choppy. There are many other problems...

Stay away from TACX, buy a Cycle Ops. That's what I should have done.
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer vs. TACX Bushido [drfranky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I have a decent amount of time on both, CT solo and multiplayer with a group and I actually own a Tacx Bushido sync'd up the TTS-3.8. Never used Tacx in multiplayer mode. There are pros and cons to both, but i find it depends on how you use it.

I've seen BOTH software systems act buggy, mostly due to the PC's not spec's correctly in terms of Processor, RAM and especially Graphics. The latest software version Tacx TTS3.8 is much smoother, but you'll need a pretty solid computer / preferably a gaming PC to make it run smooth. I'm running a 3Gig Pentium D Dual Core, 4Gig of RAM, and an 1Gig High Def ATI Graphics card, and my system runs with out a hitch. Graphics on the Tacx software a way better though IMO. Just make sure your computer is built to handle them.

The Bushido controller and brake itself are totally wireless, which I love. I'm using a wireless keyboard and mouse, so with the exception of the monitor, I have NO wires running anywhere. (Unilike the CT by training buddy has) The downside to the Bushido, is that if you're running a VR program on the computer and stop pedaling for long enough, the brake will lose contact with the PC and screw up the whole ride. Doesn't happen with the CT. Solution = Don't stop pedaling!!

Both systems require you to recalibrate the resistance brake before you go and ride. On the Tacx, because its wireless, you need to go through a few extra steps to sync it up before you start a program. I found that if this step by step has the best success at connecting everything wireless every time

1st) Recalibrate the brake
2nd) Link up the HR belt and the Brake to the Bushido handlebar controller
3rd) Toggle the controller menu to "System" so you can see the serial number info for the controller and the brake on the display
4th) Activate the TTS 3.8 system on your PC and pedal to power up

Connects everytime!

And you can use the Bushido without the computer software, its just boring. But if you travel a lot during the winter, and you can't go out ride, Bushido is the way to go. Just this morning from my hotel room, I drank my coffee, turned on CNN and put my target watts @ 200, and got in a solid 1hr work out. Hoped off, got ready for work and was out. Extremely efficient. And it packs up really nicely in 30 sec's.

For how I work out, and how much I travel, and how anal I am about wires running across the floor in my "dungeon", Bushido makes way more sense.

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer vs. TACX Bushido [dajeeman357] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Good insight!

Team Every Man Jack

http://www.teamemj.com
Quote Reply