Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chain fit (what is the tension needed?) to end chain drop Cervelo Dual
Quote | Reply
I have met 4 other riders in the past week who have had similar experiences, (one waiting for parts) I dropped my chain at speed (Cervelo Dual) last Friday night visiting Ottawa and had the rear hanger break. (Cycle Logic by chance had one in stock) I had minimal damage to rear stays and spokes. Had the hanger not broken, I likely would have needed a new rear wheel and frame repair. An employee who works at Fresh Air Experience knows one rider who has broken more than one hanger same chain drop problem. The stops are set so there is no chance of throwing the chain off of the 39.

I am looking to go from a 53/39 11/21 (stock) to a 12-26. I am enjoying small hill repeats and hate the nervous shift of the front, near the top of the hill.

What is the proper way to set the chain length to keep this recurring problem from happening? The chain is the original length as it is with the other riders. Chain wear is not the problem.

Rick
Last edited by: rickeh: May 11, 06 8:04
Quote Reply
Re: Chain fit (what is the tension needed?) to end chain drop Cervelo Dual [rickeh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On my mountain bike, I set chain length by putting the front to the largest ring and the rear to the biggest cog. You never want to ride in this combination, but it is the combo that gives you the highest chain tension (most number of links required). Take out as many links as necessary to take out the slack in this combo.
Quote Reply