Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Boston Qualifying
Quote | Reply
I finished a sanctioned marathon in 3:25 in prep for Boston 2015. the qualifying time is 3:30. Will my time be good enough...now that the new rules are in place?

I hope so. I must admit marathons are just downright painful and don't hold the same allure for me as racing HIM. Now that's fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Boston Qualifying [bill12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks ike it's enough under the qualifying standard to get you in. This year, people who were about 1:30 under the standard got in.

Here's an article from Runners' World that explains:
http://www.runnersworld.com/...nder-qualifying-mark

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Re: Boston Qualifying [SharonMcN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great article...looks like I may be able to avoid another marathon until 2015!

Thanks for your reply.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you run 3:24 and change? If so I would make sure you register during the early admission period to increase (looks like almost guarantee) your chance of getting accepted.

"What was the secret, they wanted to know; in a thousand different ways they wanted to know The Secret. And not one of them was prepared, truly prepared to believe... The Trial of Miles, Miles of Trials. How could they be expected to understand that?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wasn't aware of these new rules. I'm hoping to qualify for 2015 in February. Just to understand; if I run 2:59:59 I'm almost assured a spot, but 3-3:04:59 and I have to cross my fingers?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably, but no one knows.
For the last several years, there have been HUGE factors that make any prognostications worthless.

dtnrunner : Being BQ - 5:01 vs. BQ - 4:59 will make the difference of which day you can register, but it does not help you any more than any other 2 seconds. There is a line, and everyone on one side gets in...regardless of what day you actually send the money.

rjrankin83 :Again, who knows? Get under 3:05, feel hopeful; Go for sub-3, feel safer; 2:50, safer yet...an on and on. If you want to ensure a spot, qualify as an elite or raise a lot of charity cash.

For a laugh, go back to these posts from the summer and read up on everyone's guesses of where the line would land.
Quote Reply
Re: Boston Qualifying [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree the BAA does a fantastic job verifying runners and the athletes allowed into boston isn't determined by when they submit registration also two seconds is probably not going to matter. However I thought the BAA will close registration if that line would be reached at the conclusion of a rolling admission period. IE if I ran 4:59 but waited to try to register during the next admission period and the field limit was reached the week before I would be SOL even if my 4:59 would have gotten me in the previous week.
Regardless as a nob I would like to congratulate bill12 on the BQ and I'm going to stop hijacking his thread.

"What was the secret, they wanted to know; in a thousand different ways they wanted to know The Secret. And not one of them was prepared, truly prepared to believe... The Trial of Miles, Miles of Trials. How could they be expected to understand that?"
Quote Reply