Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Beginner Bike Needed
Quote | Reply
I am new to Triathlons and am looking for a used (complete) bike in relatively new conditions. I am 5'10" so I guess a 54 to 56 would fit nice. I would like to stay under $1000 including shipping (I live in Miami). If anyone out there has a bike like this available, please let me know. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Beginner Bike Needed [XmRealEstate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if this is your first bike, something like a bottom end Trek or Specialized will serve you well, only need to spend like $600 for something decent.

If you already have a road bike and are looking for a tri bike, look into a slightly used Cervelo P2 aluminum, Quintana Roo, etc

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have u considered getting a Cannondale CAAD9-7

FJB: Not to mention the number of people that can't bike or run....
Quote Reply
Re: Beginner Bike Needed [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed.

I went to Trek and bout a 1.2 last year for a little over $500. I bough a size smaller than I normally would so I could get a decent drop with aerobars.

It was my first summer on a bike and by my triathlon I was able to hold 21-22mph for a sprint triathlon so it definitely wasn't holding me back.

It left money for other toys and entry fees as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check craigslist periodically; sometimes there are some great deals on there (since you are in a large market - Miami - I imagine there would be a lot of traffic on their site). I picked up a nearly new tri bike last September for much less than it would retail for (and no, it wasn't stolen). Turns out the guy just got a sponsorship and was getting a new bike. There are some deals out there; you just have to be patient and be looking at the right time.

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have a 2007 specialized sequoia comp 54.8, carbon seat post , carbon chain stay, 105 shimano

$925

i am in Sarasota Florida
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a 51cm Cannondale R500 that is a 7 speed triple that I'm trying to get rid of. Probably around a '98

Realy clean, needs a seat and bar wrap.

Asking $400 plus shipping.

jaretj
Quote Reply