Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2012 Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL Clincher wheel set
Quote | Reply
Any personal experience with the 2012 Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL Clincher wheel set? Any reviews you have heard from anyone else or opinions on the set? Also what would be a fair price for them at this point?
Would I be able to train and race with these wheels?
Thanks,
Daniel
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL Clincher wheel set [DG17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking for any comments and advice on these.
Thanks again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok here is mine
Bought an SL clincher wheelset in 2009 with powertap.
I have been racing a LOT on them and training only with the rear wheel, using another training front wheel.
I logged 25'000 km with the rear wheel and about 10'000 with the front wheel.
These wheels are super mega solid! I have been through several situations where I hit big holes or stones and never any issue.
PROs: solid and reliable. braking feeling is great, no problem on fast descent even wet.
Cons: they are on the heavy side. today you can have better solutions for the same price (HED for example). Aero data is not really available but they did not evolve much from 2009 (just my understanding) so they are well behind HED and Zipp

Despite the wheels seem to be still PERFECT, I don't feel to race anymore on it because 25'000 is a lot. This is why I am selling them
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL Clincher wheel set [Plissken74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the info, do you have any experience with the Bontrager Aeolus 5.0 clincher set as well? Trying to decide between the two. Thanks again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,
if you have any specific questions on the Mavic wheels, feel free to send me a PM and I can try to help you.
happy riding!
-zack

Mavic Zack
USA Communications Guy
Mavic, Inc
http://www.mavic.com
http://www.facebook.com/mavic
Quote Reply