Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2007 QR Lucero
Quote | Reply
I was just cruising around the internet and noticed the new 2007 Lucero frameset is *MUCH* cheaper than when the 2005/2006 editions were new to the street. Any reason (maufcturing changes, materials changes, etc ) for the change in price?

Original 2006 - $2698.xx
New 2007 - $1998.xx
Quote Reply
Re: 2007 QR Lucero [fiddlesandbikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I noticed the same thing. And the P2C is $400 cheaper as well.

So now both of these bikes are priced $500 under the Kuota Kalibur, so what will the price for that bike in 2007 be?

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: 2007 QR Lucero [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So much for Demerly's "sky is falling" and buy your bike now because carbon prices are going through the roof posts, huh ;-)

http://irondad06.blogspot.com/

http://irondad.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Considering what labor costs are in China and Taiwan, just imagine what the actual production costs are. Perhaps they have finished amortizing off the costs of R&D and molds and are in a position to drop prices...especially given allt he competition out there these days.
Quote Reply
Re: 2007 QR Lucero [IronDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So much for Demerly's "sky is falling" and buy your bike now because carbon prices are going through the roof posts, huh ;-)

But what about all the big airplanes stealing all of Cervelo's and QR's carbon fiber? :-)

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: 2007 QR Lucero [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Obviously, the delays in the A380 delivery are driving the bike prices down.

-
[pink]I don’t use pink font[/pink]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 2005 /2006 Lucero had a 3K weave finish while the 2007 Lucero has a 12kUD weave. The new 12kUD finish is indeed less expensive, but we also sharpened our pencils based on consumer feedback. Many athletes wanted to build up a Lucero of their dreams with parts of their personal choices, but found the frame set alone too expensive, or found that a complete Caliente/Seduza bike would work financially better for them.
So for 2007 there is now a better price balance for people who want to build up the Lucero "their way."

Cheers,

Herbert

Quintana Roo

In Reply To:
I was just cruising around the internet and noticed the new 2007 Lucero frameset is *MUCH* cheaper than when the 2005/2006 editions were new to the street. Any reason (maufcturing changes, materials changes, etc ) for the change in price?

Original 2006 - $2698.xx
New 2007 - $1998.xx
Quote Reply
Re: 2007 QR Lucero [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had also heard that for 2008 the carbon molds would be changing to "FIST-style geometry" a la the 2007 aluminum models. May this partly account for the price drop?

Boring finance guy now
Quote Reply
Re: 2007 QR Lucero [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
at least you know that there's enough titanium around for "components"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now I'm salivating a little bit....

hmm, I could buy the frame, take my Ultegra grupo off my road bike, strip my Kilo of the DA shifters,Zipps, and carbon strykes and end up witha pretty sweet bike for $2k

Someone talk me out of this....NO tell me where it's selling for $1998.00, seriously !
Last edited by: Z-Dog: Dec 11, 06 22:57
Quote Reply
Re: 2007 QR Lucero [OC Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

<<<<<at least you know that there's enough titanium around for "components" >>>>>

These ti salt and pepper shakers or the ti bottle openers are actually made from rest tubing that is too short to make chainstays. It is a nice way to recycle.

Cheers,

Herbert
Quote Reply
Re: 2007 QR Lucero [Z-Dog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw it for 1998 at www.all3sports.com

good luck.
Quote Reply