Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift workouts timer
Quote | Reply
Does the timer on a Zwift workout keep going even if you're not pedaling/off the bike? I do a workout where I get off and do plyometrics and then hop back on to do intervals right after that. I'm trying to figure out if I need to put the time in for the plyometrics or the timer will just stop once I stop pedaling. I figured someone here may do something similar and know how to construct the Zwift workout.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift workouts timer [offpiste.reese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tested it out, It stops, just like a normal Zwift ride. In case anyone else is wondering.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
offpiste.reese wrote:
I tested it out, It stops, just like a normal Zwift ride. In case anyone else is wondering.

Why in the heck are you doing ployo’s in the middle of a zwift workout
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift workouts timer [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mvenneta wrote:
offpiste.reese wrote:

Why in the heck are you doing ployo’s in the middle of a zwift workout

Really just using Zwift as the on screen timer for a workout similar to the one described here: http://www.trainingbible.com/...etrics-research.html

I can tend to lose count of the number of intervals I've done, so I need something to keep track for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think that the workout timer may stop in the actual workout itself, but when you upload the workout to Strava or Zwift workouts in general it shows it as "elapsed" time.

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
offpiste.reese wrote:
Does the timer on a Zwift workout keep going even if you're not pedaling/off the bike? I do a workout where I get off and do plyometrics and then hop back on to do intervals right after that. I'm trying to figure out if I need to put the time in for the plyometrics or the timer will just stop once I stop pedaling. I figured someone here may do something similar and know how to construct the Zwift workout.

it stops *if you stop*. Be aware that if, for example, you're descending the Alpe, or Epic KOM, it will just keep rolling as your avatar does. I'd just use the "PAUSE" button (either in game or on Zwift Companion).

I do the same workout - the Hopkins intervals by chance? - with plyos in between sets of high power 30sec intervals. There's good research out of NZL track cycling on it - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16287351/

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift workouts timer [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
offpiste.reese wrote:

it stops *if you stop*. Be aware that if, for example, you're descending the Alpe, or Epic KOM, it will just keep rolling as your avatar does. I'd just use the "PAUSE" button (either in game or on Zwift Companion).

I do the same workout - the Hopkins intervals by chance? - with plyos in between sets of high power 30sec intervals. There's good research out of NZL track cycling on it - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16287351/

Yes, it's that workout. I've found it addresses one of my biggest weaknesses as a cyclist, my short term power. I'm sort of a (low powered) diesel and this workout adds some snap to my legs. Plus it's fun.

I usually pick a flat course for this workout, so coasting after I stop pedaling shouldn't be a problem.
Quote Reply