Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift triathlon plans?
Quote | Reply
For me, a huge benefit of trainerroad is their triathlon plans which include swim, bike, run. I’ve used their triathlon plans following the bike workouts closely. The swim and run workouts I will at least try to closely follow the days for workouts and intensity specified. Will Zwift do something similar?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift triathlon plans? [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zwift has a few of these in their workout library

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Supposedly the workouts from their Tri Academy will be/are available. I haven’t looked lately so I can’t tell you if they’ve shared them yet.

Quote Reply
Re: Zwift triathlon plans? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Zwift has a few of these in their workout library

They include the swim and run? I’m not currently using Zwift so I just look on whatsonzwift website.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift triathlon plans? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Yep!

Cool. I just was logging into check. Very nice. Now I’m really torn. Really like trainerroad but Zwift just keeps adding new features.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not seeing any new tri plans on zwift...just the Oly one. Am I missing something?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift triathlon plans? [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a new update to v 1.0 (11).

Then there is a new tab at the top with Workouts and Plans. I see a few run plans and cycling plans but no new tri plans.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Last edited by: Timtek: May 30, 18 6:51
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift triathlon plans? [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The new Training Plan update just launched yesterday. No new plans for triathlon... yet.

Zwift Tri Academy workouts/training is coming as well.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keeping an eye on this thread as I'll be setting up my dumb trainer to user virtual power and look at training plans and entertainment/anti-boredom value of Zwift, TR, Sufferfest to see if it's worth the upgrade to a smart trainer.
Last edited by: flyrunride: May 30, 18 7:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Now I’m really torn. Really like trainerroad but Zwift just keeps adding new features.

It really shouldn't be that hard of a decision. In the end it comes down to what you prefer - solo or social training. Functionally neither is better or worse than the other. Just which one suits your personality the best.

I for one have absolutely no interest in the social aspect of riding with others that Zwift is known for. When I'm on the trainer I prefer to simply put my head down, listen to a podcast, and get the work over with. For me Trainer Road is perfect.

Others really like the social and competitive aspect to Zwift so it's great for them. I gave Zwift a try for about a month about 1.5 years ago, maybe longer, and it didn't stick. Went back to Trainer Road and was very happy.

To be honest, I'm not riding much these days (just running) and when I do it's outside. Sold my trainer about 6 months ago. If and when I start riding more seriously you can bet I'll be signing up with Trainer Road again.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift triathlon plans? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Quote:
Now I’m really torn. Really like trainerroad but Zwift just keeps adding new features.

It really shouldn't be that hard of a decision. In the end it comes down to what you prefer - solo or social training. Functionally neither is better or worse than the other. Just which one suits your personality the best.

I for one have absolutely no interest in the social aspect of riding with others that Zwift is known for. When I'm on the trainer I prefer to simply put my head down, listen to a podcast, and get the work over with. For me Trainer Road is perfect.

Others really like the social and competitive aspect to Zwift so it's great for them. I gave Zwift a try for about a month about 1.5 years ago, maybe longer, and it didn't stick. Went back to Trainer Road and was very happy.

To be honest, I'm not riding much these days (just running) and when I do it's outside. Sold my trainer about 6 months ago. If and when I start riding more seriously you can bet I'll be signing up with Trainer Road again.

I do really like trainnerrod and their plans are great. But, Zwift has races or even just the aspect of riding around I can decide to grab somebody's wheel and see if I can hold on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
logella wrote:
Quote:

I do really like trainnerrod and their plans are great. But, Zwift has races or even just the aspect of riding around I can decide to grab somebody's wheel and see if I can hold on.

Only one platform has Alpe du Zwift!!
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift triathlon plans? [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
mickison wrote:
logella wrote:
Quote:

I have not done enough Zwift to gain access to alpe du Zwift.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
mickison wrote:
logella wrote:
Quote:

you just need a friend to take you there...just sayin'...
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift triathlon plans? [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dtoce wrote:
mickison wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
mickison wrote:
logella wrote:
Quote:

you just need a friend to take you there...just sayin'...

true. I'll probably give Zwift a try again in the fall. I'm into a trainnerroad plan and want to continue that through my 'A' race in September.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
let me know if you need a ticket over there come fall, I'll be happy to bring you to the Mt of pain AKA the Alpe!
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift triathlon plans? [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dtoce wrote:
let me know if you need a ticket over there come fall, I'll be happy to bring you to the Mt of pain AKA the Alpe!

Will do. Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a zwift swim yet??? i'll never need to go outside ever again for training!!!!
Quote Reply