Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift set up help
Quote | Reply
Two (maybe dumb) questions about Zwift cycling, I'm looking for some advice on how to get cadence to transmit.

Current set up:
-Wahoo Kickr Snap trainer
-I-phone 8 to run Zwift program
-HDMI lightning cable plugged into an older TV
-Second I-phone to run Zwift Companion
-Mio HR monitor

1. I have a Garmin cadence sensor on my bike but the program does not pick it up. If I got an ANT+ dongle, then I would not be able to use the lightning HDMI cable to transmit Zwift onto the TV from the phone. What are my other options? Just get a Wahoo cadence sensor?

2. I've had an issue a couple times during a ZA workout (erg mode) where the 'Death spiral' occurred, just the other day trying to do 3min interval at 85% FTP which should be completely manageable. Tried to increase cadence at start of interval but resistance just kicked way up so cadence kept dropping to 50, then 40. I had to stand cranking away at ridiculously low RPM to even have a hope of completing the 3min, then had to completely abandon the workout as the resistance after that was so messed up I couldn't get cadence back up or even complete the recovery watt interval. I'm noticing on the 'workout tab in Companion that it is showing a cadence, but the number is always 15-20RPM less than actual cadence on my Garmin computer. Where are they getting this cadence number from. Could not having cadence transmitting to the program cause the 'death spiral'? Any suggestions for how to avoid this in future are welcome.

thanks in advance ST!
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift set up help [ljgraham] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So in this setup, does Zwift get the power reading from Kickr via bluetooth? Does Snap not transmit cadence along with power?

Would you be able to airplay into appletv - that would free up the apple port for the ant+ dongle. Just a thought.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift set up help [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply, Alex. The power from the Kickr Snap is transmitted via BT to the program. As far as I know, the Snap does not transmit cadence but maybe I'm missing something? I also do not have a crank power meter. I don't have an apple tv so that option may not work, my tv is just an older flat screen type.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Hello

currently I rarely train on roller/trainer, but thinking about upgrading that aspect. I would need some insight.

Currently I own :

On the bike side :
- a basic roller (Elite Arion Mag), initially bought for track racing warm-up / lactate elimination between races.
- Might add a low cost trainer, such as Feedback Sports Omnium, or Elite Qubo fluid, or...
- P1s power meter, used to calibrate my rides (outdoor / indoor)

On the "computer" side :
- Mac Book Air (generally looking various video when doing roller home)
- old iPhone 5s, might upgrade that too

Is that enough, hardware wise, to have a good experience on a software platform such as Swift or Road trainer ?

What would be the set-up ?
P1s connecting to mobile or Mac ?
Video on the Mac ?

On this page of Zwift support, for exemple, P1s is not mentionned as "supported" : https://support.zwift.com/...wer-meters-Bk7hoXWlS

Thanks in advance for your help
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift set up help [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi - I think what you will need to add is a bluetooth cadence and speed sensor, which would be recognized by the Zwift program. Then you can pair that with the program and it estimates your power/watts. As far as I know, Zwift will not recognize your power meter, so you either need a smart trainer, or a regular/dumb trainer plus the bluetooth speed/cadence sensor. Then you should be able to have the program open on your Mac Book Air-I'm not sure if the Iphone 5 is compatible but it may be?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks

either I find a software platform able to connect to my power meter, either I will do as usual, without a software platform.
Quote Reply