Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift races — distance in parenthesis
Quote | Reply
When races are set it Zwift, the distance is in parenthesis in the title. It goes km, mile, and then what? What is the third quantity?

Ex.: (11.2km/7mi/19m)

Sincerely,

Dumb American.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Last edited by: cloy: Feb 2, 19 17:39
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift races — distance in parenthesis [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like metres (elevation). Don't know why they wouldn't also include it in feet if they are expressing distance in miles.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift races — distance in parenthesis [AndyCaleb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's because the elevation isn't really all that meaningful as a standalone quantity since it doesn't tell you much about course topography. It's more of a general guideline - hilly vs flat. Working on getting a lot more of the event information into some other places for events. I hate that it's in the titles, but it's by necessity for now.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift races — distance in parenthesis [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find how the distances are listed to be pretty annoying. There is also no way to know what the lead in will be. I am not familar enough with all the different routes to know that off the top of my head. If would be really nice to know;

Route
Lead in distance
Race distance
Race elevation
Lap(s)
Lap Distance
Lap elevation

This should be listed on every event.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift races — distance in parenthesis [shoff14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I 100% agree. I normally have to google the course to find out whether I will be able to hang (flat) or whether I'm gunna get dropped once we hit the first climb.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift races — distance in parenthesis [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most info you want and a lot more is available at https://zwiftpower.com.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift races — distance in parenthesis [StaffanS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know a lot of extra info is available at zwiftpower but with the number of events available when you're looking it seems silly to be going back and forth when the info could just be on the zwift listing.

rich
Quote Reply