Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift bluetooth connection issues
Quote | Reply
Setup is Cycleops Hammer, Powertap P1, Tickr HRM, Garmin 920xt, Macbook running Zwift. Cannot get Zwift to recognize any sensors. Updated firmware on pedals and trainer. Couldn't get TrainerRoad to recognize any either.

However, if I run Rouvy, TR or Zwift through my phone, they all recognize trainer, pedals and hrm. Garmin also recognizes the sensors. Any suggestions as to why the laptop won't recognize them?

I tried turning bluetooth on laptop on and off and it didn't work. There are no other bluetooth devices connected to my laptop.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift bluetooth connection issues [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like an issue with the Macbook. I would look into troubleshooting that through whatever Mac resources there are out there. I run a Windows system for Zwift, so not too sure on the Mac side. Windows did have an update that messed with BT connections not too long ago though, so possibly something similar. Your Mac may be blocking the connections for some sort of security purposes. Try connecting other BT devices you have to the Mac, phone, headphones, things like that. Otherwise just buy an ANT dongle for it and use that, the ANT connections usually work way better than the BT ones and are much more reliable.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift bluetooth connection issues [erik+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
erik+ wrote:
Sounds like an issue with the Macbook. I would look into troubleshooting that through whatever Mac resources there are out there. I run a Windows system for Zwift, so not too sure on the Mac side. Windows did have an update that messed with BT connections not too long ago though, so possibly something similar. Your Mac may be blocking the connections for some sort of security purposes. Try connecting other BT devices you have to the Mac, phone, headphones, things like that. Otherwise just buy an ANT dongle for it and use that, the ANT connections usually work way better than the BT ones and are much more reliable.

That’s what I’m thinking too. I have an ant+ dongle. I guess I’ll try that tomorrow
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One option is to use the Zwift companion app. That way your phone is getting the BT signals (and you can put it closer to the trainer) and sharing them over WiFi with your Mac (both need to be on the same WiFi network).

If you click the settings "gear" icon on sensor pairing, you have the option of getting the signals via the computer's BT, or via the companion app.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift bluetooth connection issues [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
One option is to use the Zwift companion app. That way your phone is getting the BT signals (and you can put it closer to the trainer) and sharing them over WiFi with your Mac (both need to be on the same WiFi network).

If you click the settings "gear" icon on sensor pairing, you have the option of getting the signals via the computer's BT, or via the companion app.

Thanks, I'll try that one too. I did open the companion app while trying all this and it didn't pick up any sensors but I guess that was because it was trying to get them through the laptop
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Kickr using a PC with Zwift and it would detect/connect through Bluetooth on PC but I would often have intermittent dropouts. I now use an extension cable with an ANT+ dongle positioned near the Kickr resistance unit and Bluetooth for HR strap ----- connection now remains secure. The only downside is I cannot now calibrate the Kickr on Zwift (it will not show the 23mph regardless of how fast I pedal) whereas it would run the calibration via Bluetooth connection. I calibrate now with my android cellphone, which is a bit of a hassle to have to involve another device. I'm told that Bluetooth is fairly newly implemented on Zwift "...and it will improve." Hopefully that will be true.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Figured it out. My Beats headphones were somehow interfering even though they weren't connected. I had to have the Macbook actually forget them for it to work. A bit annoying but good that I know what it is now.
Quote Reply