Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift and Trainerroad question
Quote | Reply
I've been using TR for workouts and Zwift for entertainment simultaneously with no trouble. Unpairing the power control in Zwift and letting the workout in TR control that aspect. My question is, can I reverse it? Meaning I have a long ride on Saturday that I unfortunately cannot do outside so I will be on the trainer. I was hoping to use TR as a guide but not have it control the resistance. I would like the terrain changes in zwift to be the controlling factor (as it would be if I was in Zwift by itself). I just want to get better at riding the number I'm supposed to and not letting the hill dictate it. I tend to over ride the hills especially at an easier wattage. I'm not sure if this setup is possible or not so I figured I'd ask the brain trust. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift and Trainerroad question [RussL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you on Strava? If so and if you sync your zwift and TR accounts there, TR will pull the zwift ride in after the fact and you can do your data analysis via TR. If you're wanting the terrain to dictate your ride there really isn't a purpose to have it open during that I'm aware of, just keep a lid on your efforts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrainerRoad is great. Why would you wanna get away from it unless you have a coach that’s telling you otherwise. Zwift is entertaining, and TR is a complete training program to help you improve.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is very easy. When loading TrainerRoad open the devices option and forget the trainer you are using. In the Zwift pairing screen allow it to select the trainer for control.

You will either need to have a cadence sensor still connected to TrainerRoad, or turn off the option to let cadence pause/resume the workout in TrainerRoad.

Hope that makes sense!

Practise doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect!
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift and Trainerroad question [applenutt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is explained in the post.

I agree with you (as does the OP) that zwift is more of an entertainment platform whereas TrainerRoad is more performance orientated, however as the OP notes, they lack practise in holding a steady VI on rolling or hilly courses. TrainerRoad is great for holding you to a target but doesn't teach you to hold yourself to a target over varied terrain.

Practise doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect!
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift and Trainerroad question [applenutt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I completely agree with you, I love Trainerrod. I am doing the Ironman build currently and for the long ride I know with erg on I can ride those numbers all day long, my issue is when I go outside I tend to drift over the prescribed wattage due to terrain, stupidity, lack of focus, or just flat out riding to hard (see stupidity mentioned previously). So only for the long rides I want to be in control and teach myself a bit more to ride easier especially when it comes to hills. I'm doing Tremblant in August for the second time and I don't want to overcook myself on the hills so I zombie run the marathon like last time. I know it probably doesn't make sense but it something I feel I need to do to feel a bit more comfortable. Thank you for the input though.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift and Trainerroad question [PrimalSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect, thank you very much. This is what I suspected and was going to test tonight but I'm glad to hear it will work. I appreciate the help!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have a garmin you can now push TrainerRoad workouts to it for outside guidance too:

https://forum.trainerroad.com/...to-garmin-edge/17022

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a way to run Zwift and TR simultaneously on a Win10 Notebook with only one ANT+ dongle?
My setup is powermeter (ant/ble) with a KKRM.
Quote Reply