Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift Surveys
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Surveys [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seems like the main point of tier pricing will be to attack peloton crowd, to offer live instructors. Hope it does workout, as I do not believe being locked down to a monopoly of 1 device (like apple does)
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Surveys [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
curious to see how they pull that off, TrainerRoad has the group workout feature and if I recall they were trying to be really careful about not getting too far with coach-led workouts without attracting legal attention from Peloton.

although I'm primarily a TR user, I do use zwift as well, and even though I haven't done a race in a long time, I'm very interested in a more premium (controlled) race experience.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone here actually received the survey link? I actually haven't received a thing from Zwift in months.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

347CX wrote:
curious to see how they pull that off, TrainerRoad has the group workout feature and if I recall they were trying to be really careful about not getting too far with coach-led workouts without attracting legal attention from Peloton.

although I'm primarily a TR user, I do use zwift as well, and even though I haven't done a race in a long time, I'm very interested in a more premium (controlled) race experience.
all hinges on the legal challenges mentioned below. A cursory delve into the background appears to show that Peloton didn't file for rights on the claimed subject matter in Europe.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/...enges-it-may-not-win
Last edited by: echappist: Aug 5, 20 9:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The rowing has me excited. Can't wait for them to add that feature.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Surveys [soslow1387] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
soslow1387 wrote:
The rowing has me excited. Can't wait for them to add that feature.

Me too, although I wonder how it will connect to Zwift. Can I use my old model B Concept2?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Surveys [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i dont have a concept 2 but there is plenty of info about connecting the rower or skierg to zwift (and riding as a cyclist avatar) i believe a pm5 connects via BT, and PM 3 and 4 connect via usb cable. before that, the earlier PMs dont work with zwift.
https://zwiftinsider.com/rowing-on-zwift/
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Surveys [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Has anyone here actually received the survey link? I actually haven't received a thing from Zwift in months.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

347CX wrote:

all hinges on the legal challenges mentioned below. A cursory delve into the background appears to show that Peloton didn't file for rights on the claimed subject matter in Europe.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/...enges-it-may-not-win

Yeah I know some people who have received it. I haven't yet. I'm guessing it's being rolled out in stages.

The survey is pretty clear that they are not actually planning on offering the packages as listed. But rather, using this to tease out what features people actually want and would pay for, and which ones they are less likely to.

It's caused a bit of a stink in several Zwift communities. It didn't help that Min (the CEO) tweeted that the survey wasn't from Zwift, before deleting the tweet. The biggest problem with Zwift is their communication. They are terrible at it. Their platform is great, but man, do they need a new PR department
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Surveys [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Concept2, just need the PM5 unit and should be good to go. Will broadcast to Zwift the same way as a smart trainer would I assume.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Surveys [soslow1387] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I received and responded to the survey. My concern was regarding feedback for numerous possible subscription plans. Many options removed features that I use such as training plans, group rides and/or races. Other options included some or all of these features with the addition of features such as leader led training sessions, steering and even braking. There were also options for hardware being included in the subscription. My takeaway is that Zwift is getting into the hardware business, ala Peleton, which we already suspected, and that costs will be going up.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Surveys [Scott_B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't imagine that companies like Wahoo and Tacx will be very happy about Zwift getting into the hardware game, after all Zwift wouldn't be here without them.
If this does indeed happen, I wonder if they will invest in a Zwift competitor.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Surveys [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trener1 wrote:
I can't imagine that companies like Wahoo and Tacx will be very happy about Zwift getting into the hardware game, after all Zwift wouldn't be here without them.

The market is 12 months ahead of you :)

https://thesufferfest.com/...on-of-the-sufferfest

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/08/zwift-considering-45-month-features-latest.html

Point blank, any more price increases and I'll be out of Zwift to find the next best thing. They've clearly showed that they don't care about the user opinions, I don't feel the need to give them any more money. However if they want to ship me a squat rack, trap bar, bumper plates and dig my wife a pool, I will gladly pay $75/month and cancel our gym memberships.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Surveys [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
trener1 wrote:

The market is 12 months ahead of you :)

https://thesufferfest.com/...on-of-the-sufferfest

Point taken.
However the fact that I actually had heard about this in the past and totally forgot it about goes to show just how far all of these other platforms are to truly being any legitimate competition to Zwift.
Off the top of my head right now I can think of 7 other training app/platforms and I doubt that any of them keep Zwift up at night.

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Surveys [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I took the survey there were options that amount to reducing the price but also stripping down the services. I don't think this is about setting a new single higher price point but getting a tiered system in place.

I have no doubt in the future there will be some very high priced options. Peloton is charging high rates and isn't short of subscribers. It must also be costing Zwift a fortune to do all the pro/elite e-sport stuff so they must believe there is an equally large market to pay for it (honestly I don't see it but thats not the point). But I think Zwift is aware a huge proportion of their users couldn't care less about watching other people race on a computer screen and so they need to offer a lower priced packages that doesn't include this 'privilege.'

The other commercial aspect of moving to a tier system is that Zwift is in a better position to leverage targeted promotional/ad space on the platform. Currently its an all or non setup so you have to pay to reach a lot of people who are unlikely to be in your target market. By sub-dividing the platform a training specific or race specific company can be offered the option to advertise more directly to their target market which is likely to represent a more enticing option to them. If Zwift can substantially leverage this third-party income stream they can subsidize the more premium packages which then encourages people to 'upgrade.' Specifically if they can get Nike or Adidas to create a run workout series or Lululemon to create video based bike workout series then you can begin to offer these options at much lower options. The trick will be getting non-traditional bike sponsors to buy into the platform.
Quote Reply