Quote | Reply
Changing the time to be more kiwi friendly definitely strengthens the racing 😀
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Pro Tri Series Race Ongoing Now [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
more stacked field!

any results for the women?

very good race but i don't remember who won. surprising who got dropped on the first punchy hill, flora duffy notably. lucy didn't win. the race ended with maybe 9 women sprinting it out.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Pro Tri Series Race Ongoing Now [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Teresa then Jocelyn
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Pro Tri Series Race Ongoing Now [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so i rode the womens race as a bandit(i am neither a woman or a pro), but not officially in the race. if you choose the "ride with" function right as they start the race, you can join in. you are not visible to the racers, but you can see them and chase as long as you want. i stayed with the front group until the final hill, then got gapped by about 10 seconds and finished with Ruth Astle. as far as i could tell, i could draft her but she could not draft me. so as far as i can tell i didn't affect the race in any way. maybe next week i'll try the men's race, but pretty sure i'll get shelled hard!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any chance there is a schedule for the series and a list of courses they are doing?

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Pro Tri Series Race Ongoing Now [drm437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With Sanders doing well in this type of racing... would really like to see him do an ITU race or something draft legal. Yea he will have to master the art of drafting for the swim to bring him in for bike portion, put perhaps he can work chase pack on the bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
With Sanders doing well in this type of racing... would really like to see him do an ITU race or something draft legal. Yea he will have to master the art of drafting for the swim to bring him in for bike portion, put perhaps he can work chase pack on the bike

Would be interesting to see him do Duathlon, but if he did any pro triathlon race that is draft legal he would be way out the back like Wurf was.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Pro Tri Series Race Ongoing Now [jflan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jflan wrote:
so i rode the womens race as a bandit(i am neither a woman or a pro), but not officially in the race. if you choose the "ride with" function right as they start the race, you can join in. you are not visible to the racers, but you can see them and chase as long as you want. i stayed with the front group until the final hill, then got gapped by about 10 seconds and finished with Ruth Astle. as far as i could tell, i could draft her but she could not draft me. so as far as i can tell i didn't affect the race in any way. maybe next week i'll try the men's race, but pretty sure i'll get shelled hard!

I'm still new to Zwift and had no idea this is possible. Riding with/alongside the pros (well, for as long as I can hang...) without impacting the race sounds awesome. Definitely looking forward to giving this a try – thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really nice to see a good showing from Tim Don.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m sure it will be easier for him to learn the art of drafting in an ITU race instead of an ironman..Chase pack/third ironman pack is out the back of an ITU conti or World Cup. I love following Lionel but ITU just isn’t realistic.

Unrelated, what is the prize purse for these races? Great to see more realistic w/kg now that they are doing weigh ins and certifying power outputs. What happened to all the 6+ w/kg guys!?

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:

I like Lionel and keep up with what he's doing, but he would not even be able to stay in the last group in an ITU swim, much less have any impact on the bike or run. I'd give the nod to Wurf in a head-head comparison during this type of competition.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Pro Tri Series Race Ongoing Now [RandallHerbrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure on the real data versus the feed rate on the viewing but the "sprint" or surge to line I saw 10w/kg going on there.

Solid, but at 70kg that's like 700w in the last bit there. I've seen Zwift races streamed live end in a 30 second 13 to 14w/kg surge.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Pro Tri Series Race Ongoing Now [Northy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, couple of conditions though. you have to follow the pro on the zwift companion app. the race has to be on one of the available worlds that given day. next week is crit city so it wont work. same with innsbruck after that. my only thought would be if you did a crit city race, and left the program running(you sitting on the side of the road) until they started, you may be able to ride with them in that situation. it may not work though because you are not doing the "ride with" option.
the alpe race in 4th week should be one where it works.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Pro Tri Series Race Ongoing Now [42point2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lionel did do Duathlon early on his multisport journey, before becoming a pro in long course.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Pro Tri Series Race Ongoing Now [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trauma wrote:
Lionel did do Duathlon early on his multisport journey, before becoming a pro in long course.

unfortunately its not popular / competitive format of racing
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Pro Tri Series Race Ongoing Now [mungub50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mungub50 wrote:

Unrelated, what is the prize purse for these races?

There is money for the series placings, not the individual races. I think they want to ensure a quality field for the series (understandably).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i tried it again today and it worked again. after a quick warm up i reloaded zwift a few minutes before the super league race today at 2:15 EST. i chose "ride with" Lucy CB on the start up screen where you select the world. you have to select yorkshire to be able to ride with the race. i spawned right next to start line with the super league race (but all people in yorkshire were visible to me) and immediately had ANT dropout, so i closed out, reloaded, and "rode with" Lucy again and jumped in at the 1 mile mark without any issues. from that point on i was able to stay with front group until the end, but if you watch the live stream i am invisible, as is everyone else riding yorkshire. So you can effectively do the race without interfering in any way. of course there is no point in trying to break away or win, because no one can see you and no one will react.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
^ damnit i keep forgetting I can join the race too. When you join though, do are you able to draft in the pack with the females? I know in other zwift races where your category is only visible, you cannot draft other cats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
mungub50 wrote:

Unrelated, what is the prize purse for these races?

There is money for the series placings, not the individual races. I think they want to ensure a quality field for the series (understandably).

Not sure that is accurate, I am pretty sure I have read there is money for each race as well and also the sprint primes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome - thanks for the update. I didn't realize the Harrogate rides would be options so I didn't try, but I did put the Watopia races on my calendar (June 23rd and 25th SuperLeague plus the Pro Tri Series Alpe ride on July 1st). Looking forward to seeing how long I can hang before getting shot out the back!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, another follow up. I've been planning to do a 40-70 min hard benchmarking effort on the trainer tomorrow, and Super League has a mens race tomorrow afternoon. I'm tempted to jump in the race but I worry it'll be a fools errand. I've looked at the power data from the last mens SLT race and I should be able to hit power numbers in that range for 30-40 min, but I'm at 81 kg so my w/kg will be lower, I probably won't be able to go with the surges, and I won't have a draft effect. Based on your experience do you think it would be better to just do my hard effort on my own or ride along with the SLT race but risk blowing up and tanking my benchmarking effort?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm almost positive you will get the draft effect from the racers (my avatar sits up in the pack) and on the other hand, i don't think they get it from you (when i was riding with one racer last week, it *looked* like she couldn't draft off me as she was in the drops while behind me)
i would say go for it, there are always 2nd and 3rd packs to ride with if you get dropped off the front, and they are wearing SLT jerseys which makes it easy to spot. worse case, just finish your hard ride as is, nothing really to be lost.
hardest part is just starting just after they start and hanging in.
Quote Reply

Prev Next