Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift Newbie Questions
Quote | Reply
1. I started the FTP Builderplan. The first ride is called Foundation but it was so crazy hard I had to adjust to 90% on the companion app after the first interval. This seems odd that I would have to adjust on the first ride of the plan by so much. It was crazy hard for a build plan. I know my FTP is relatively accurate (new to Zwift but not FTP). Suggestions?

2. I think my network dropped during saving and now it won’t unlock the 2nd ride in the plan. Is there a fix?

3 last question I have a Fenix3 HR. Heart rate monitor I see in the watch. Can’t get it to sync. Using Apple TV if that makes a difference.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Newbie Questions [yikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. What kind of trainer are you using?

2. I'm not sure how to remedy this.

3. Is the HR built in to the watch?

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Newbie Questions [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tacx flux

Heart rate is in the watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, perhaps your FTP is a little lower than you thought? You can do a test in zwift, but do a few rides at 90% then see how you are going, and perhaps either leave as 90% for the plan, or gradually increase to 100% as you get used to the way that the sessions stretch you. Either way, you're doing work and getting stronger, for the first few weeks then don't sweat the details, just get used to riding and the routine. One thing to ask, was your FTP figure from the Flux or from some other source? I ask as there's about a 10-15watt difference between my Neos (2x) and Quarqs (3x) which I put down to drivetrain losses. Now at 300w that's not a lot of difference, but when doing low intensity stuff then it does become more noticable).

Unless your watch broadcasts (don't think it does) then you won't be able to use that. In all honesty then I've not found my FR935 all that good on the on odd occasion I've forgotten my chest strap, and so if you're going to be zwifting a fair bit then I'd suggest getting a chest strap for using.

I'm on a PC with ANT dongle, so can't help you with apple stuff, but memory tells me that apple is bluetooth only and not ANT so be careful which strap you buy.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Newbie Questions [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks and maybe it is the variation in testing. My FTP seas not from Zwift with this trainer. So I will dial it back until I retest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yikes wrote:
I know my FTP is relatively accurate (new to Zwift but not FTP). Suggestions?

Yes, you do need to retest your FTP in Zwift using your current trainer. Just do it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, do the Zwift FTP test and you should solve your issues, or move your powermeter from your outdoor bike to your trainer bike. Most of the basic Zwift plans are actually pretty easy the first week, then they get harder.
Quote Reply