Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift Help
Quote | Reply
Hey all, I need some help with a Zwift technical issue. I figured that Slowtwich is probably one of the smartest and largest Zwift communities so maybe someone might be able to help.

Background: So I've been a Zwift user for almost 4 years. Level 33 or 34. I ride about 3-4 times per week. Yesterday, I had a race in Watopia around lunch time. Got dressed and headed to the trainer for a warmup. Jump on to warm up and end up in NY. Everything seemed fine. Decided I wanted to join a teammate in Watopia, so I exit Zwift and restart. Enter NY and chose ride with (XXX). And I can see no one. I'm near the Start/Finish banner, and can see the top times, but in the riders nearby dialogue, there is no one. I still am able to see people messaging each other. Also no dots on the reference map and companion won't connect.

I check interenet speed and connection and everything is fine. Try rebooting, and any other usual troubleshooting, but nothing. Needless to say I missed my race, totally frustrated as it was a TTT so I let the team down. Also, I can ride, just can't see anyone.

I spent 2 hours on chat with Zwift and they are stumped. I have the problem on 4 different computers (3 Windows and 1 Mac). Turns out all other worlds are fine. Turned off firewall and security. Reset my router and modem. Re-installed (Clean install) on 2 of the computers, still nothing. Interenet is 300 down and almost 90 up, so it's not a connection problem. And also don't see anything being blocked from my internet side.

Has anyone ever seen something like this? Zwift is escalating me to the next level of support, but I really want to figure this out as I have another race next week, again in Watopia. Any help would be appreciated. And any ideas are welcome.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Help [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like your flux capacitor is bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Help [tedk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tedk wrote:
Sounds like your flux capacitor is bad.

Haha. That I could fix. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had this happen this morning - rode Watopia this morning all by myself :( Internet connection was fine, I saw riders to join (and 1800 zwifting) when I logged in. Started riding, no one around, but I saw top times for the Hilly Loop and KOMs. Companion app connected but didn't show other riders. Finished ride and it immediately went to Strava and Trainingpeaks (internet still fine), and Strava shows I rode with 4 others, so clearly people were in some Watopia riding. Weird.

One thing I did, no idea if this is related to you joining a teammate, I originally selected to ride with a pace partner, but then deselected to ride on my own.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Help [brando] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This happened our teammate in a watopia TTT yesterday. We could see him, he couldn't see us, but could see all the chat and relative positions to other riders in the sidebar. Very frustrating for him and also for us as we lost our strongest member.

Seems to be a new bug.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This could happen when Zwift cannot communicate with the interface that handles rider locations, times, etc. It will let you play "locally" and perhaps see scoreboards and messages (ie is possible that they are coming from a healthier endpoint) since it has a full client downloaded at all times, but it will appear as if you are riding in an empty world. Once connectivity is restored or that problematic endpoint is healed, you will see other riders.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Help [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I have let Zwift support know that this is not a 1 person issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Help Update[velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Update:
So still having problems, but only in Watopia and the Companion Application. But I did figure out that it is probably a problem with Xfinity Xfi internet. I switch my computer to use my Sprint phone as a hot spot, and Watopia, with users, then works (though slow). Same with the Companion application when on LTE network. I've tried everything I can think of on my side, removed my router, hardwired to the modem, ipconfig/flush and then ipconfig/renew, Factory reset of the Modem, disable xFi security. So I believe it has to be past my connection.

Anyone have any further Tech Suggestions....

I do have an escalated ticket open with Xfinity, but I am not confident I will get anywhere with them.
Quote Reply