Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift - Can one permanently ignore another controllable ?
Quote | Reply
The issue I am having with Zwift is the platform automatically connecting to a controllable within the room. Can I permanently ignore it?

IE, my better half is riding on a Kickr (no Zwift), I'll come to start riding on a dump trainer with Zwift and it will automatically connect to her Kickr in the room and the resistance gets out of wack.

Thanks for help on this. Apologies if it already came up on another thread. Did a quick search w/o any luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift - Can one permanently ignore another controllable ? [ttreise] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have this same exact problem. The power meter will automatically connect to my stryd foodpod or my wife's kickr. It is annoying. I don't know the answer. You may want to post this on their board site.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift - Can one permanently ignore another controllable ? [TriathlonJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriathlonJoe wrote:
I have this same exact problem. The power meter will automatically connect to my stryd foodpod or my wife's kickr. It is annoying. I don't know the answer. You may want to post this on their board site.

I've got no solution, but I've got the exact same problem. I never even paired the footpod to zwift, but for some reason zwift is determined that is going to be what I'm using for cycling.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift - Can one permanently ignore another controllable ? [ttreise] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ttreise wrote:
The issue I am having with Zwift is the platform automatically connecting to a controllable within the room. Can I permanently ignore it?

IE, my better half is riding on a Kickr (no Zwift), I'll come to start riding on a dump trainer with Zwift and it will automatically connect to her Kickr in the room and the resistance gets out of wack.

Thanks for help on this. Apologies if it already came up on another thread. Did a quick search w/o any luck.

If you are riding from a PC you can delete or edit the knownequiment.xml file that stores previous connections. This fixed most of the same issues I was having. I recently started just editing the file for my Tacx and HRM, but Zwift will still sometimes try to connect to my wife’s trainer which is nearby. It may come down to signal strength so if using ANT+ get the stick as close to the trainer as you can.

Not sure how to use these changes if running smartphone, tablet or Apple TV thru BTLE.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift - Can one permanently ignore another controllable ? [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SummitAK wrote:
ttreise wrote:

If you are riding from a PC you can delete or edit the knownequiment.xml file that stores previous connections. This fixed most of the same issues I was having. I recently started just editing the file for my Tacx and HRM, but Zwift will still sometimes try to connect to my wife’s trainer which is nearby. It may come down to signal strength so if using ANT+ get the stick as close to the trainer as you can.

Not sure how to use these changes if running smartphone, tablet or Apple TV thru BTLE.

knowndevices.xml on PC?

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift - Can one permanently ignore another controllable ? [Vols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vols wrote:
TriathlonJoe wrote:

I've got no solution, but I've got the exact same problem. I never even paired the footpod to zwift, but for some reason zwift is determined that is going to be what I'm using for cycling.

Glad to see someone else has this same problem. It started in early December for me, and I've had to resort to putting running shoes in the Cave microwave lately. No, I'm not kidding. For real, it's the only way to get Zwift to stop pairing to my damn Stryd pods.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift - Can one permanently ignore another controllable ? [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcrainmaker wrote:

Glad to see someone else has this same problem. It started in early December for me, and I've had to resort to putting running shoes in the Cave microwave lately. No, I'm not kidding. For real, it's the only way to get Zwift to stop pairing to my damn Stryd pods.

Every man cave needs a Faraday cage.

Quote Reply
Re: Zwift - Can one permanently ignore another controllable ? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well played!

-
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift - Can one permanently ignore another controllable ? [-W-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-W- wrote:
SummitAK wrote:

knowndevices.xml on PC?

My ST email notifications stopped working a few months ago and I haven’t bothered to see about switching it back on.

Not sure what your question here is about?

PC is personal computer. I use Windows, but I suppose a Mac has similar file storage.

Knowndevices.xml is saved in your Zwift user directory in the main Zwift folder. Also stored there is Prefs.xml which can also be deleted to help “reset” Zwift. This is the file that Zwift hackers change to ride in different worlds.

I have not done this with iOS or Apple TV, but a quick search online shows this has been successful for iOS using added apps to get to the files. I also found info on how to modify Apple TV, but it wasn't clear if this results in some sort of device jailbreak.

I’ve seen the stryd behavior Ray mentioned above too. If it was a big issue for me it wouldn’t be hard to setup a scripted startup similar to the Zwiftprefs programs which swap out the knowndevices for the activity or equipment you’ll be using. Ie. ride vs. run.
Last edited by: SummitAK: Jan 2, 20 13:45
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift - Can one permanently ignore another controllable ? [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The one thing that has worked for me on this is to go into Run mode and try and unpair the stryd pod. Then you can go back into ride mode and select your power meter. FYI, I'm using the Apple TV.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift - Can one permanently ignore another controllable ? [TriathlonJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice, I'll give that a whirl!

-
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift - Can one permanently ignore another controllable ? [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SummitAK wrote:
-W- wrote:
SummitAK wrote:

knowndevices.xml on PC?

My ST email notifications stopped working a few months ago and I haven’t bothered to see about switching it back on.

Not sure what your question here is about?

PC is personal computer. I use Windows, but I suppose a Mac has similar file storage.

Knowndevices.xml is saved in your Zwift user directory in the main Zwift folder. Also stored there is Prefs.xml which can also be deleted to help “reset” Zwift. This is the file that Zwift hackers change to ride in different worlds.

I have not done this with iOS or Apple TV, but a quick search online shows this has been successful for iOS using added apps to get to the files. I also found info on how to modify Apple TV, but it wasn't clear if this results in some sort of device jailbreak.

I’ve seen the stryd behavior Ray mentioned above too. If it was a big issue for me it wouldn’t be hard to setup a scripted startup similar to the Zwiftprefs programs which swap out the knowndevices for the activity or equipment you’ll be using. Ie. ride vs. run.

Your reply referenced knownequiment.xml but I think you meant knowndevices.xml. That's all I was pointing out.

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dcrainmaker wrote:
Vols wrote:
TriathlonJoe wrote:

How about this? If I start a bike workout manually controlling my Kickr with my iPad (not logged into Zwift) and someone logs into my Zwift account to do a run, Zwift will pair with my Kickr and override my manual workout to whatever grade they are running on in game. So whenever they run up or down a hill in the game, my Kickr will change the resistance so it's like I'm riding up or down the hill with them.

This feature/quirk could be used to develop a 'smart treadmill' app.

Someone already created a treadmill control app in the below thread so we may not be that far off from one that automatically changes incline/decline and even belt speed based off of the grade being broadcast by Zwift.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...22_/_tweak_P6851409/

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift - Can one permanently ignore another controllable ? [-W-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-W- wrote:
Your reply referenced knownequiment.xml but I think you meant knowndevices.xml. That's all I was pointing out.

Got it! Lol. Sorry. My morning coffee posts from iPad always seem to go wrong due to brain fog or electronics!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to circle back on the Prefs.xml and Knowndevices.xml subject the ZwiftHacks program I mentioned earlier was updated quite a while ago to include a devices tab. I could only find it describes in this V18 release notice, but the program is now up to V30. This is only available for Windows.

https://zwifthacks.com/zwift-preferences-v18/

Latest version: https://zwifthacks.com/zwift-preferences/

I now also need to look into Apple TV Zwift app fixes because I tried running it in the pain cave for the first time in a long time last night so my wife could run on treadmill while I biked. Two separate accounts and she'll often use my bike trainer PC to run Zwift as it is close to treadmill and leaves the screen in front of the treadmill available for video. Last night Apple TV Zwift would only find Stryd footpods that were previously connected. We upgraded to the latest Stryds last year and have not used them with Apple TV since then. The app would not find the new Stryd even after uninstalling and reinstalling. Still showed the previous devices. Does this mean Zwift app is caching this info in the cloud somewhere? I would think uninstall would clear the Apple TV cached info.
Last edited by: SummitAK: Jan 3, 20 11:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New to Zwift and my trial is running out.

Is there a Zwift coupon code for the $14.99 per month fee?

Thanks, John
Quote Reply