Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift/milestone pod battery dies super fast?
Quote | Reply
My milestone/zwiftpod dies every two weeks on an average of 20 miles per week. Am I doing something wrong? Did I get a defective unit?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift/milestone pod battery dies super fast? [duganator99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sometimes motion activated electronics are too clever. Is it possible there is some motion when you aren’t wearing them that wakes it up? Are they in the boot of a car or on top of a washing machine? Even on a full family shoe rack where shoes are taken on and off regularly? That’s a guess but worth trying somewhere they are definitely not bumped to troubleshoot.
Another troubleshooting step could be to take them off the shoe between runs
and put somewhere isolated. Just for long enough to know. My batteries last ages.
In general I’d always update the firmware if you can.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift/milestone pod battery dies super fast? [OddSlug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had this happen with my Tickr-X. I stored it on top of the washing machine and it kept dying
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had mine since about February when Dan organized the giveaway. I use it a minimum of 2-3 times a week (so about 20-30km) and still haven't changed the battery. So yeah, something is up.

Download the Milestones app, update the firmware as a start.

As others have said, make sure it's not being stored in a place where it's always being woken up.

If that ain't it - then I'd have to think you got a defective unit.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift/milestone pod battery dies super fast? [OddSlug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OddSlug wrote:
Sometimes motion activated electronics are too clever. Is it possible there is some motion when you aren’t wearing them that wakes it up? Are they in the boot of a car or on top of a washing machine? Even on a full family shoe rack where shoes are taken on and off regularly? That’s a guess but worth trying somewhere they are definitely not bumped to troubleshoot.
Another troubleshooting step could be to take them off the shoe between runs
and put somewhere isolated. Just for long enough to know. My batteries last ages.
In general I’d always update the firmware if you can.
You're totally right. I leave my shoes in the car in the box they came in. Man I'm dumb lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had two Milestone Pods, one I paid for and one free from SlowTwitch. Both never worked for more than 1 or 2 runs. Constantly changed batteries, constant connection problems, drove me freaking crazy. I finally bought a Garmin Foot Pod for $40.00 and haven't had a single issue.
Quote Reply