Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift-Slowtwitch weekly run
Quote | Reply
OK. whaddya got for me?

1. what day?
2. what time? and time zone?
3. how long is the run?
4. a fartleky type thing? or just a run?
5. up and down? or just flat? if up/down, are you willing to hand-regulate treadmill incline?
7. if just a run, then ABC & D? we start, and split in groups? groups leave at different intervals and the goal is we all end together? like hilly vanilli?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift-Slowtwitch weekly run [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

1. what day? Monday
2. what time? and time zone? 5am EST or 8pm EST
3. how long is the run? About an hour
5. up and down? or just flat? if up/down, are you willing to hand-regulate treadmill incline?
7. if just a run, then ABC & D? we start, and split in groups? groups leave at different intervals and the goal is we all end together? like hilly vanilli? Hilly Vanilli style

Last edited by: JesseR: Jan 2, 19 17:36
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift-Slowtwitch weekly run [JesseR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with everything Jesse said
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift-Slowtwitch weekly run [JesseR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JesseR wrote:

1. what day? Monday
2. what time? and time zone? 5am EST or 8pm EST
3. how long is the run? About an hour
7. if just a run, then ABC & D? we start, and split in groups? groups leave at different intervals and the goal is we all end together? like hilly vanilli? Hilly Vanilli style

thank you. let me help drill this down a bit. we're more limited on mon and wed as to when we can schedule this. there's a glut of mon and wed run events. so, we're better able to do this - more freedom as to times - if we do any of the other 5 days.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saturday or Sunday morning would work too, maybe even a 6am start since no kids to get ready for school.
Right now my only real Zwift commitment is Thursday Rise & Grind

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monday and Tuesday mornings (5-6 am ET) are good for me, though I realize you are Pacific time so that's probably no go. I generally bike in the morning and run in the evening, so weekday evening run could work, just can't be later than 8ish ET.

I haven't done a group run yet, so I'm kinda curious to see how this works out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Easy run at lunch?

I'm also not sure these runs will be as successful as the group rides. I only run on the treadmill when I absolutely have to, but could get behind an easier 1 hr effort at lunchtime.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift-Slowtwitch weekly run [MRid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MRid wrote:
Monday and Tuesday mornings (5-6 am ET) are good for me, though I realize you are Pacific time so that's probably no go. I generally bike in the morning and run in the evening, so weekday evening run could work, just can't be later than 8ish ET. I haven't done a group run yet, so I'm kinda curious to see how this works out.

3 of our 5 currently weekly ride events take place at 5:30 or 6am EST, which means i don't do them - i've never been on them, seen them. so we'll certainly have a run in your preferred time slot. but the 1st weekly run on the schedule will probably be more in my time zone, so i know what in the wide wide world of virtual running we're doing on these group runs before i schedule some where i don't know what you all will be up to.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
OK. whaddya got for me?

1. what day? Sunday Morning
2. what time? and time zone? 8 or 9 am (east coast)
3. how long is the run? 1 hour
4. a fartleky type thing? or just a run? Just a trot
5. up and down? or just flat? if up/down, are you willing to hand-regulate treadmill incline? either/or and yes
7. if just a run, then ABC & D? we start, and split in groups? groups leave at different intervals and the goal is we all end together? like hilly vanilli?
Yes, I like that idea.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift-Slowtwitch weekly run [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think everyday 5:30 or 6am for east coasters, Its cold and wet in the winter so on the treadmill daily sometimes

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I favor a Sunday run in 6-9 am ET. Start with 10k, race or group run doesn’t matter to me. Please whatever you do have it on run only course. I almost flew off the treadmill the other day when a cyclist sideswiped me. I guess I need more practice with the spatial awareness thing. I’m able to pass by other runners ok.

Kathleen
Quote Reply