Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift, what’s needed switching to Apple TV from iPhone?
Quote | Reply
Going to switch from running Zwift on my iPhone using a lightning/hdmi adapter to tv to Apple TV. Phone battery issued and Zwift freezes up on my phone too often.

Will I need anything else beside the Apple TV box (Bluetooth adapters)? Setup is Elite Direto which I derive power and cadence and just a HR monitor.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift, what’s needed switching to Apple TV from iPhone? [MKirk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go with the AppleTV 4K, it has a little more power and runs Zwift better.
No adapters necessary if your fitness devices are Bluetooth.
If you have some ANT+ stuff, you could get a Bluetooth bridge like CABLE to convert the ANT+ signal to BLE so the Apple TV can read it.
Limiter for the Apple TV is the number of incoming bluetooth connections it can support. I used my iPhone with the remote app instead of the AppleTV remote to save one of the 3 open slots. You can also use the Zwift Companion app on your phone for any additional Bluetooth signals if you max out the Apple TV.

The companion app on your phone is also handy for changing Zwift camera angles, turning, and using power ups during the game. The Apple TV remote isn't the easiest thing to use while IN the game.
Last edited by: kppolich: Dec 5, 20 13:08
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift, what’s needed switching to Apple TV from iPhone? [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kppolich wrote:

I 2nd this. The AppleTV 4K (Gen 5) is poorly named. It'll work on a HD (1080) TV and perform a LOT better with anything you throw at it due to better processing power. 32GB version is more than enough.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift, what’s needed switching to Apple TV from iPhone? [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
kppolich wrote:

I 2nd this. The AppleTV 4K (Gen 5) is poorly named. It'll work on a HD (1080) TV and perform a LOT better with anything you throw at it due to better processing power. 32GB version is more than enough.

Perfect, that was my next question....assumed the 32GB would be enough but something worth asking.

HR monitor is BT so seems like I’m ok with just the Apple TV 4K.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift, what’s needed switching to Apple TV from iPhone? [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kppolich wrote:
Limiter for the Apple TV is the number of incoming bluetooth connections it can support. I used my iPhone with the remote app instead of the AppleTV remote to save one of the 3 open slots. You can also use the Zwift Companion app on your phone for any additional Bluetooth signals if you max out the Apple TV.

The companion app on your phone is also handy for changing Zwift camera angles, turning, and using power ups during the game. The Apple TV remote isn't the easiest thing to use while IN the game.

Thank you for this tip I was wondering how I could display one more Bluetooth device.
Quote Reply