Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zoot shoes -- what are the models
Quote | Reply
I see their new trend is naming shoes after cities in southern california.. but their website kinda sucks in describing what each shoe is for...

Del Mar, Carlsbad, Coronardo, Laguna, Diego.. i see the common theme is cushion.. what is the difference with each of these shoes and are they all trainers? I don't see any of these in their "race" section.
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot shoes -- what are the models [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Del Mar is a distance cushioned trainer with 8mm drop. Carlsbad is a neutral distance trainer 12mm drop but much less cushioning and it's lighter then the Del Mar. Laguna is a shoe I just tested, it's a trainer/racer, 8mm drop with mild stability. Diego is Zoot's max cushioned shoe with 4mm drop. I really liked the Laguna a lot and run the Del Mar for easier days or distance, it's heavier..

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot shoes -- what are the models [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Bryan! What does the drop off do?

I have been running the TT Trainer 2.0 for training and mileage, and the Ultra TT 6.0 for races. Sounds like the delmar would be like the TT trainer and Laguna or Solana instead of the Ultra?
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot shoes -- what are the models [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:
Thanks Bryan! What does the drop off do?

I have been running the TT Trainer 2.0 for training and mileage, and the Ultra TT 6.0 for races. Sounds like the delmar would be like the TT trainer and Laguna or Solana instead of the Ultra?

The Laguna is replacing the old Ovwa, which was the TT stability shoe. They still make the TT 7.0, so maybe you just get the laguna for a trainer.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply