Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zoggs Alternative
Quote | Reply
I have an older pair of Zoggs Predator Flex goggles from when they used to size them in s/m and l/xl. My only issue with using them is they are blue tint and when swimming OW if I have to swim into the sun I can't see anything at all. Otherwise they fit me great and I have never had any leaking issue. I tried to buy a pair of the newer predator flex 2 in smoked/polarized to help with the sun glare and unfortunately they stopped sizing them and now all of those goggles are l/xl by default. I swam one length in the pool and they leaked like crazy because my face is too small.

Anyone have any good suggestions for goggles that are similar to the predator flex that I could try? I have a pair of Roka F1s as well that I could use in OW, but with those I need to have them positioned just right and super tight or they leak.

Thanks for the help.
Quote Reply
Re: Zoggs Alternative [cdoug55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do a web search I found the old ones bought about 20 pair
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blueseventy hydra vision polarised are what I changed to, similar design and more durable
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used the zoggs before and they fit well. I currently use aquasphere Kayenne's, which fit me even better. They come in two sizes, so you could try both to see what works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After going through many goggles I used Zoggs Predator Flex for several years. I only had the occasional leak problem with them, but they were the best of many, many goggles that I tried. I'm not sure when I shifted, but I a couple of years ago I switched to the Tyr Special Ops 2.0. Nirvana!!
Quote Reply
Re: Zoggs Alternative [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
After going through many goggles I used Zoggs Predator Flex for several years. I only had the occasional leak problem with them, but they were the best of many, many goggles that I tried. I'm not sure when I shifted, but I a couple of years ago I switched to the Tyr Special Ops 2.0. Nirvana!!

+1 . TYR Spec Ops is probably the closest match to the predator; and they come in sizes, have a polarized option, etc.

Have you tried swedes?

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Zoggs Alternative [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all for the recommendations. The Blueseventy look good, but the lack of size option leads me to believe they might be too big.

For the TYR, is the Spec Ops 3 the same as the 2 or should I just try the 2?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s such a tough one because without putting them on your face to see how they fit on your eyes, it’s always a gamble.

Smaller socket goggles options are Sable goggles (interchangeable nose bridges too), Orca Killa Goggles, and Zone3 Apollo goggles. The last of the 3 (Apollo) is reasonably priced at $22. The Killa are a clear lens so not likely to help much with sun. Sable has the 101MT, GX, and 924 models. 924 is more for suited for recreational pool swimming, so the 101MT (Blue, Gold, Fuschia, and Emerald are all mirrored. Smoke is non mirrored.) GX comes in 3 colors and are polarized. Red, Green and Grey color choices.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cdoug55 wrote:
I have an older pair of Zoggs Predator Flex goggles from when they used to size them in s/m and l/xl. My only issue with using them is they are blue tint and when swimming OW if I have to swim into the sun I can't see anything at all. Otherwise they fit me great and I have never had any leaking issue. I tried to buy a pair of the newer predator flex 2 in smoked/polarized to help with the sun glare and unfortunately they stopped sizing them and now all of those goggles are l/xl by default. I swam one length in the pool and they leaked like crazy because my face is too small.

Anyone have any good suggestions for goggles that are similar to the predator flex that I could try? I have a pair of Roka F1s as well that I could use in OW, but with those I need to have them positioned just right and super tight or they leak.

Thanks for the help.

I have small face as well so I know exactly what you are saying. I do swim in BlueSeventy Hydra Vision and they work great for me but if I wasn't a BS athlete I would go with the Aquasphere Cayenne Small Fit. Those are a better size for my face but I really love my Hydrea Vision too.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Zoggs Alternative [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

+1 . TYR Spec Ops is probably the closest match to the predator; and they come in sizes, have a polarized option, etc.

Have you tried swedes?

Why the pink? SWEDES FOR LIFE!!!!

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Zoggs Alternative [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome, thanks for all the recommendations everyone. I actually was able to find a pair of Spec Ops 2 transitions in a small at the local REI yesterday, so I am going to test those out tomorrow during OWS. Appreciate all the help!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some good options in here.

Have you tried lady/ women specific sizing? In most cases the smaller fit and lady/ women specific goggles are sized the same. The color options are generally limited but may be a way to find the goggles you are looking for.

Agree with Thomas on the Aqua Sphere Kayenne small fit or ladies fit. Same high quality in Italian made goggles as Zoggs, or possibly better.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Re: Zoggs Alternative [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely checked out the women's options while I was at the store last night, but the color options weren't really do-able lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can still buy original Zoggs Predator Flex:
https://www.wiggle.com.au/...ggles/?ea=4294789718
(missed your size comment though... still waking up here)
Last edited by: MattyK: Jun 11, 19 14:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wiggle still sell the original. It is the rubber and changes they made to the eye seal that is the issue with the version 2 I have found.
https://www.wiggle.com.au/...gs+predator+original
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another option is the TYR Velocity. I used Special Ops 2.0 for quite a while and then tried these last year and they have worked really well.
Quote Reply