Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp vs FLO
Quote | Reply
I have been racing on a FLO disc/90 front wheel. I recently bought a pair of 808s for my road bike. I have considered using the front 808 in place on the front 90. Does this seem logical? One downside to this would be switching the brake pads every time I switch. Would it be worth the swapping?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp vs FLO [A-No] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp vs FLO [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I enjoy the flo 90 though the 808 is lighter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't sweat it. You could find something even lighter than the 808 as well but can certainly use the 808. Question is then why have the Flo 90 in the first place.

Save: $20 on Air Relax Recovery Boots| $100 on Normatec| 15% on The Most Absorbable Magnesium | Best $50 Indoor Cycling Desk

Blogs: 2018 Normatec Pulse vs 2015-2017 Normatec Pulse | QUICK Air Relax Travel Case Review | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | Why Latex Bikes Tubes | Vittoria Corsa Speed Aero Data | 10 Reasons To Consider HED JET+
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp vs FLO [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or ride 808's on a road bike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing you have the Aluminum/Carbon Flo's, hence the pad change? No I wouldn't sweat it... I've got a carbon Flo Disc/60 combo on my TT bike... great wheels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A-No wrote:
I have been racing on a FLO disc/90 front wheel. I recently bought a pair of 808s for my road bike. I have considered using the front 808 in place on the front 90. Does this seem logical? One downside to this would be switching the brake pads every time I switch. Would it be worth the swapping?

Thanks

Did you get ceramic speed over-sized pulley? It is a must with 808s...they don't work well with anything else, as per nasa nano research.

Victory edition guarantees victory or your money back:

https://www.ceramicspeed.com/en/sport/shop/oversized-pulley-wheel-systems/ceramicspeed-ospw-victory-edition-for-shimano-91008000/

plus they are hand painted and individually numbered, in case someone nicks your bike you will be able to easily trace it back., double win!
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp vs FLO [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
Or ride 808's on a road bike?

Why not?

Quote Reply