Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp to 596 - User name change
Quote | Reply
I think I have to post a username change?

So here it is, my Zipp 2001's are all gone. I can't believe I've sold them both : ( I've had 4 of them, built by me from the frame up. So the Look 596 is an awesome bike , hence the name change................596

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp to 596 - User name change [596] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice, I can't wait for my 596 to arrive to my office :-). I like your new name, all my friends think I'm crazy since I change my P2c for the Look 596.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paul,
You can be whatever you want .... but 596 sounds like a PO Box .... you didn't call yourself 2001 with Zipp. Hey ... enjoy it however you want it;-)

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey- im the one who bought your black/yellow zipp- just raced it in eagleman- awesome bike! im using it as my "flat course" race bike (not training on it)- LOVE it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Cartels: Serotta, Zipp 2001, Guru, eh?
-"It was kinda long and then i got really tired"
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp to 596 - User name change [clyde_s_dale] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm glad you're enjoying it as much as I did. They are very fast bikes and I've always loved 'em. They were my dream bike since they first came out in the early 1990's.

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So did you choose the 596 due to the suspension aspect of it (since you have choosen bikes that were beam bikes in the past)? Can you make any comment on the suspension feel of the seatpost? I have been toying with the idea of going back to a beam bike (titanflex).

Stephen J

I believe my local reality has been violated.
Quote | Reply
When my wife saw a picture of the Look 596 she absolutely fell in love with it. When I told her it had suspension in the seat post she said....."when are you ordering one?" This was right about the time I was snapping seat post bolts off my Zipp frames every few weeks. I DNF'd in 2 races last year due to the bolts snapping in half. I've had 4 Zipp frames as well as a Softride SE7 and a Titanflex Terminator. The ePost of the 596 is just as good as the beam on a Zipp or Softride. The titanium beam on the titanflex is a tad better but I like the ride, handling and speed of the 596.

Of the above mentioned bikes I'd buy another Look with an ePost in a heart beat. The elastomers are awesome!!

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
When my wife saw a picture of the Look 596 she absolutely fell in love with it. When I told her it had suspension in the seat post she said....."when are you ordering one?"

Ok so you picked winner. No need to gloat...

By the way.

Would you be offended if I asked her to marry me?

Run like you stole something
Formerly Fueled by ZYM
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp to 596 - User name change [SLC_vt98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats a funny one...........and the answer is............ I won't let you even talk to her : )

Any time I show her a picture of a nice bicycle, her first comments are normally along the line of................thats gonna hurt your butt!! And she's normally right, except for the 596 : )

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
596, probably the sexiest bike out there. if they only had more paint options...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 It is a great bike, I am happy that I made the switch! Do not miss my P2c at all!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are a wise man Paul.

Run like you stole something
Formerly Fueled by ZYM
Quote Reply