Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp or Xentis or other???
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, to me it seems Xentis is the one challanging Zipp the most...
i am interested to know your thoughts
Xentis TT aero bars or Zipp Vuka aerobars?
Xentis Mark 1 TT wheelset or Zipp 1080?
The only other wheelset that th think could challange might be the Gravity Zero with X one hub...
Whats your thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp or Xentis or other??? [macka86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
two other aerobar options:

1. oval concepts a901
2. 3t ventus

the ventus aerobar is integrated and not very adjustable, so it will only fit you under certain circumstances, but the oval concepts is highly adjustable.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp or Xentis or other??? [tegra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you could also try the new 3t bars, the brezza IIRC. it's like the ventus, but without the intergrated stem. it's on the P4 for all of the publicity pictures if you want to look at it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think HED is more of a competitor, the aerobars are more adjustable, and the wheels carry the same toroidial shape
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp or Xentis or other??? [gtingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gary

100% agreed

And having seen the new 2009 catalog and products from HED I don't think it is a matter any longer of HED challenging zipp

This will be a huge year for HED on so many levels

Finally people are paying attention to wind tunnel results and price rather than hype and marketing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Visiontech integrated trik max aero bars, if you cut the upturns on the brake are as aero as anything mentioned here assuming you want ski bends.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp or Xentis or other??? [hedfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Gary

100% agreed

And having seen the new 2009 catalog and products from HED I don't think it is a matter any longer of HED challenging zipp

Finally people are paying attention to wind tunnel results and price rather than hype and marketing

What hedfan and GT sed.

It never ceases to amaze me how the lemmings fall for marketing and hype.
HED uses the identical patented rim shape as Zipp. For a lot less scratch.

I guess if HED were to double all their retail prices, then everybody would suddenly think they are twice as good? :-p

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Zipp or Xentis or other??? [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently received a Hed Stinger 90 and was very impressed with the quality etc. Don't pay for advertising and branding.

If you're looking at the high end, perhaps also consider the USE vula:

http://use1.com/products/tula/index.php
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zipp can't be touched, Vuka and 808's is how I roll
Product, support, warranty all awesome.
See you in Penticton
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had many Zipp wheels (tubies and clinchers, 404s, 808s, flat discs and Sub-9). Now I cast my lot with HEDFan and Mr. Tingley. My new HEDs are blowing me away. I've racked up a number of PRs in the short time I've owned them. I agree that 2009 (economy notwithstanding) could be a BIG year for HED. Awesome performance (no compromise whatsoever ... and near as I can tell, a clear advantage) and a relative value.

Bob C.

The "science" on any matter can never be settled until every possible variable is taken into account.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp or Xentis or other??? [tegra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want the fastest aerobar, use 3T. It's the bar which I hear the best things about from an aero perspective.

The USE bars are also supposed to be amongst the best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would agree with some of the other guys. Personally (I have used both) the Hed 3 spoke is a faster wheel than The Xentis and react the same in cross winds.

Aerobars. Again Hed good adjustably.

Most important great company that stands behind their product and the ability to get small parts if needed. Not so easy with others you mentioned.

Cheers,

Richard Nixon, Fit2Tri Multisport Inc.
Fit2Tri,
rich@fit2tri.com
Discount code, slowtwithch
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp or Xentis or other??? [hedfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Finally people are paying attention to wind tunnel results
Hmm. I don't recall anyone not affliated with HED in one way or another ever presenting data showing their wheels to be faster.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp or Xentis or other??? [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/reply] " Hmm. I don't recall anyone not affliated with HED in one way or another ever presenting data showing their wheels to be faster. "

Funny how that works isn't it.

It did look like Hed did a great job challenging Zipp in the wheelcount at Kona. This year it was 1766 to 258 compared to 1571 to 263 last year. Zipp gained quite a bit again, Hed lost some.

This is individual wheels, not wheelsets.

Hed is still the largest competitor with 9% of the wheel total compared to Zipp's 59%.

I also really like all the people who talk about advertising hype, hard to believe that a company that sells 10 times as many wheels spends more dollars in advertising I know. Kind of like saying that the only reason that RC Cola doesn't sell more drinks that Coke is advertising. I mean, everyone who drinks RC Cola knows it is better that Coke.

---------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: This poster is a sales rep in the bicycle industry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The USE Tula bars are surprisingly comfortable and efficient for flats. Don't know about mountain race conditions.
Quote Reply