Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp on eBay
Quote | Reply
Has anyone out there purchased Zipp wheels from twowheedeals on eBay? I am looking to buy a set of 909's and wonder if this is legit. They are selling them as new. Is there anything else I should be aware of when buying wheels from eBay? Thanks Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp on eBay [matts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I purchased some 404's from him a few years ago. He is honest and reliable.

----------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buddy of mine got 404's from him...perfect transaction...he used my eBay SN so I left him positive feedback.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have picked up a different set of wheels from them for a friend, all was perfect. They were at my house in two days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also purchased a set of 404 tubulars from him about 3 months ago. I was very skeptical at first as well, and even questioned him carefully. He fully answered my e-mail. His feedback is legit. Wonderful transaction with prompt shipping and great packing. $900 for a new set! That is over $450 off my local bike shop's price. I really don't know how he does it - don't care. I've recommended him/her/whoever to many friends as well looking at high end wheels.

Go for it!

Quote | Reply
I have been wondering the same as you. I have wanted a pair of 909's so bad, but don't want to get ripped off. He is anywhere from $350-600 cheaper than lbs's and tri stores. Does anyone know if these are seconds?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you know... this is great that we can check this stuff out HERE before buying THERE. So excellent. Way to outsmart the scammers! Love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a set of 404 tubulars new on ebay this season. It went great. Saved me $400 over anything I'd found anywhere else, retail or web purchase. Went to my LBS for help gluing on the tires (new to tubulars... and I didn't feel too guilty, since I spent a fortune there on the bike), and they mentioned the only downside. If you are unlucky enough to have a manufacturing defect, I was told Zipp will not honor the warranty, as ebay dealer is not authorized, so you're not the original owner. Odds of needing warranty work are pretty low, and for me the risk was worth almost 30% savings.
Quote Reply