Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp is a great company
Quote | Reply
I just got off going back and forth with zipp over my carbon stem that corroded on the face plate and the response from zipp was overwhelming! Firstly as soon as I emailed them and tried to use the online talk then got straight back with me. Next they offered to send me out 2 new face plates (I own 2 stems so a face plate for each). I offered to give them a deposit whilst they waited for me to send back the warranty ones but they said they just needed me to give them my address and they would ship them out without seeing the ones I had.

Its pretty rare in this day and age to actually get fast, effective customer service that fixes the problem, and it definately makes me want to buy my new set of traiinng wheels from zipp, what a great company!

no, I dont work for zipp either, I just have their stemps and race wheels
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp is a great company [english muffin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is amazing the level of service a company can provide when they are charging $2,500 for a set of wheels and $1,500 for a crank or $1,200 for an aerobar. ;-) Trust me you already paid for that service. Still nice to hear though. I have had similar experience with HED too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear your happy with them,i called them about a wheel,$320 replacement for the rim,This rim is just coming apart,not many miles although it has some age, with the and cost to ship and for spokes/labor i might as well buy another wheel
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp is a great company [fatbastardtris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, I know their products are a bit more expensive but the customer service side of many bike companies is the polar opposite of this. I have had many pairs of mavic wheels and the aftermarket side of mavic from the manufacturer is quite bad, the shop level has been indifferent. after a lot of manufacturing people have moved operations overseas its really nice to see a company not just taking the money but holding up their end of the bargain and supporting their product really well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually that is a good point. Zip is in A LOT of bike shops which could mean that the customer service could be spotty. Nice that they take it in their own hands.
Quote Reply