Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Zipp introduces the Vuka Alumina aero cockpit
Quote | Reply
http://www.zipp.com/about/story.php?ID=449

Not sure if this was already brought up, but looks nice and much cheaper! I paid almost 1000 for the HED Corsair cockpit (was debating between HED and the ZIPP equivalent which was just as expensive). Would totally have bought these instead.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp introduces the Vuka Alumina aero cockpit [Izlude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet. Been looking for a flat alloy base bar. Sign me up now for that and likely the under-bar clip-ons.

Just hope they make the June date!

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But it's not carbon. Totally unacceptable.

------------------------------
"Unless you have a ... GF who might put out that night and that night only ... skip it and race." - AndyPants 3-15-2007
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Izlude wrote:
http://www.zipp.com/about/story.php?ID=449

Not sure if this was already brought up, but looks nice and much cheaper! I paid almost 1000 for the HED Corsair cockpit (was debating between HED and the ZIPP equivalent which was just as expensive). Would totally have bought these instead.

Can you see anyway to tweak the fore and aft position of the pads? I am looking to get a cleaner front end than my T2+, but my setup dictates that my pads be a little behind my base bar.

Ironman Certified Coach

Currently accepting limited number of new athletes
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp introduces the Vuka Alumina aero cockpit [bufit323] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the above bar configuration, the clamp the armrests attach to can be adjusted 25mm (straddling the extension clamp) and 50mm (in front or behind the extension clamp) fore or aft.

Last edited by: waitebe: Apr 21, 12 10:14
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp introduces the Vuka Alumina aero cockpit [waitebe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
waitebe wrote:
For the above bar configuration, the clamp the armrests attach to can be adjusted 25mm (straddling the extension clamp) and 50mm (in front or behind the extension clamp) fore or aft.

I believe you, but looking at the image, I don't see how the pad is going to be anywhere but centered above the centerline of the base bar.

Ironman Certified Coach

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The armrest clamp can move independently from the bar/extension clamp assembly is what [I think] Ben is saying. You can make the armrest clamp assembly straddle the bar/extension clamp assembly, or you can move it completely in front of or behind the bar/extension clamp assembly.

(the half circle portion of the cutout on the armrest clamp that you can see in the picture is wide enough to straddle the hoop that surrounds the extension (i.e. the part just above the 4Nm marking))

-----------------------------
Full disclosure: Zwift, former Zipp and SRAM Design Engineer
Last edited by: karl_a_hall: Apr 21, 12 11:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If what Karl said still doesn't click with you, I will throw up a couple CAD images showing this specific adjustability when I get back in the office Monday.

Quote | Reply
karl_a_hall wrote:
The armrest clamp can move independently from the bar/extension clamp assembly is what [I think] Ben is saying. You can make the armrest clamp assembly straddle the bar/extension clamp assembly, or you can move it completely in front of or behind the bar/extension clamp assembly.

(the half circle portion of the cutout on the armrest clamp that you can see in the picture is wide enough to straddle the hoop that surrounds the extension (i.e. the part just above the 4Nm marking))

Got it now. I thought it was one clamp assembly. I will probably in for one set of the when they come out.

Ironman Certified Coach

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

To fully clarify the fore/aft adjustability of the new Vuka Alumina.

Quote | Reply
Any chance for an aluminum Vuka Sprint drop bar?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that looks like an amazing deal! thanks for the info.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely replacing my old Vision setup for this!
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp introduces the Vuka Alumina aero cockpit [fatbastard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fatbastard wrote:
Definitely replacing my old Vision setup for this!

I am thinking this will be much cleaner than my vision base bar with t2+ aero bars and should be as adjustable.

Ironman Certified Coach

Quote Reply
Re: Zipp introduces the Vuka Alumina aero cockpit [mjdwyer23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mjdwyer23 wrote:
Any chance for an aluminum Vuka Sprint drop bar?

I was interested in finding this out too.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp introduces the Vuka Alumina aero cockpit [jwade13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you seen the Service Course CSL? It is an aluminum play on the Contour Carbon bar, not as wildly shaped as the VukaSprint, but has nice aero/ovalized tops which are quite similar to the VukaAlumina, it also has nice grooves for hiding dual cables on the underside, and is designed to use handlebar tape on the tops. http://zipp.com/...vice-course-csl-bar/
we don't have a front view of the CSL on the web, but compare the CSL to the Alumina top view and you see that the two are similar. http://zipp.com/bars/vuka-alumina/
VukaSprint on the other hand contains geometry that we just can't achieve in aluminum, you can see how much more extreme the geometry is here: http://zipp.com/bars/vukasprint/
just not going to happen in aluminum any time soon..
Josh

http://www.SILCA.cc
Check out my podcast, inside stories from more than 20 years of product and tech innovation from inside the Pro Peloton and Pro Triathlon worlds!
http://www.marginalgainspodcast.cc
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp introduces the Vuka Alumina aero cockpit [joshatzipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if these will clip onto the Zipp SL bar I have on my road bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp introduces the Vuka Alumina aero cockpit [Orbilius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If that is a Service Course SL bar, yes it will work. If it is a carbon SL bar, you should not install it (or any other clip). You can see the complete list of the compatible Zipp bars on the Vuka Alumina Clip page.

Quote | Reply
Thanks!

It is the carbon bar. Damn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Josh,

Can you tell me the uncut length of the aluminum Vuka Race extensions? Looks like an alloy version of the Hed Lazy S-Bend, which is exactly what I've been waiting for (if they're long enough).

Thanks.

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp introduces the Vuka Alumina aero cockpit [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All of our extensions are 360mm tip to tail

http://www.SILCA.cc
Check out my podcast, inside stories from more than 20 years of product and tech innovation from inside the Pro Peloton and Pro Triathlon worlds!
http://www.marginalgainspodcast.cc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wanted to point out that we have a couple of new renderings up on the website for the Vuka Alumina Clip that show the fore/aft adjustability, similar to the one above, and the maximum width with and without the Vuka Pad Wing Extension.
As always, feel free to ask questions as they come up.

Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
But it's not carbon. Totally unacceptable.

Agreed, no way you can finish an IM if you don't have carbon fiber bars.

-Jason
Quote | Reply
Any chance for some photos featuring the inclusion of the pad risers?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Josh -

The adjustability on this setup would seem to make it an ideal OEM bar. Is Zipp looking at this in the OEM market? It would be way better than the usual Visiontech and Profile Design stuff that comes standard on most tt bikes.

- Ken Petruzzelli
Quote Reply

Prev Next