Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp Vuka ID - Help
Quote | Reply

Hey everyone! I bought this bike used and I am trying to make some adjustments to the aerobars but have a few questions.

I cant seem to identify what model Vuka bars these are, I assume they are older. My other questions are about the extensions and risers. It seems like the extensions are a bit short and I'd like to adjust them out just a little bit but this type of aerobar doesn't seem as easy as the new versions. The extensions are actually going through the base bar and not clamped down through the arm rests. The silver things in the pictures seem to be some kind of clamps that are keeping the extensions in place, how do I adjust the extensions?

Are there a certain type of riser for this style of Vuka bars also?

I've tried finding what model the bars are by looking at pictures and checking Zipps website but no luck.

Thanks everyone!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka ID - Help [bmitch33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
some info on model/year as well as adjusting reach here: https://www.bikeradar.com/...vuka-aerobar-review/
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka ID - Help [rlh212] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks information!!!

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is the original Zipp Vuka Aero launched in 2007.

https://www.zipp.com/...pdf/2007_catalog.pdf

Quote | Reply
I have the same aerobars barely used , going to sell it. To adjust aerobars you need to unscrew two bolts on the bottom of your picture, it will release clamps. Tbe system is weird, it is very easy to scratch aerobar extensions.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka ID - Help [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you talking about the silver fitting looking thing the the blue cables are running through into the bars? Those do not look like a normal screw since the cables are running through them, is there a certain tool to unscrew those?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to have these as well. I basically just took a big flathead screwdriver and stuck it in one of the slots and applied some weird torque to it. There was a lot of grime and such from years of use so it took a little bit of force to get free but eventually came. You could also try just clamping them with a set of pliers and twisting.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is.

Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone! Got the extensions adjusted and everything is coming along BUT I feel like the elbow rests need to be risen. I've found riser blocks for Vuka bars but not sure they are for the version I have from 2007? Anyone have a link or have experience with risers on the older set of Vuka's?
Quote Reply