Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp Vuka Aero or Tririg Alpha One or Profile Design Aeria Ultimate or something else?
Quote | Reply
Hi Slowtwitchers, especially those of you of a smaller nature

I have a 2020 Cervelo P-Series in a size 48. The bike currently has the Zipp Vuka Alumina and Vuka Clip with Evo 110 extensions which came stock from the factory. I have added risers and wedges to get to an optimal position with the help of local bik3 shop fit. I am looking to go to a more integrated front end. I use a X-Lab Versa 500 BTA for hydration and BTS for additional fluids. Bike is Di2 equipped and runs the TRP HD-910 TT disc brakes and lever combo.

I am currently considering a few options for an integrated TT bar setup
Zipp Vuka Aero - $1250
Tririg Alpha One - $1700
Profile Design Aeria Evo - $1700
Pricing is all in my local currency, but a bit of variation in price as you can see. Always been a bit of a Zipp fan boy, but love the stealth look of the Alpha one especially with the Delta shroud. Aeria appealled for the integrated drink system, but tried that and although it looked awesome it leaked like crazy on our roads.

I am only 164cm tall hence the very small bike. Distance varies from sprint distance events up to Half Ironman distance events.

Any smaller riders have experience with any of these bars and have any comments on comfort, setup, adjustability, etc etc that they would care to share with me.

From what I can work out I can get into my position on the Zipp or Profile and "probably" can on the Alpha One based on the reach measurement on the fit guide. Variation of about 10mm that should be ok according to the fit guide based upon the ergo cups supplied being so long.

All require a significant outlay and some importing from overseas so
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Aero or Tririg Alpha One or Profile Design Aeria Ultimate or something else? [GTNeil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are the coordinates of your current position?
Pad XY (rear) and width
Tilt of extensions (you can get phone apps for this if you don't have a digital level)

Not sure if you meant PD Aeria Ultimate rather than Evo, Ultimate is more adjustable
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Aero or Tririg Alpha One or Profile Design Aeria Ultimate or something else? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
cyclenutnz wrote:
What are the coordinates of your current position?
Pad XY (rear) and width
Tilt of extensions (you can get phone apps for this if you don't have a digital level)

Not sure if you meant PD Aeria Ultimate rather than Evo, Ultimate is more adjustable

Stack is 615mm to back of pad
Reach is 395mm to back of pad
Pads have a 10deg wedge under them and the Evo 110 extensions are on a 5deg angle.
Pad width centre to centre is 190mm. I could go narrower if needed.

Correct that I mean the Aeria Ultimate and not the Evo.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Aero or Tririg Alpha One or Profile Design Aeria Ultimate or something else? [GTNeil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just to make sure comparing apples to apples......

The tririg comes with its own integrated stem. So maybe less fit adjustment in terms of reach. Zipp and Profile I think you can use any stem (thus any length). BUT also add the price of the stem for the zipp and profile, unless you are just going to use your current stem.

If you want the zipp but would rather have an integrated stem, then you could look at the Zipp Vuka 'Stealth'. Unlike the 'Aero' it has an integrated stem.

As nice as the tririg is, the main advantage to it is the ease of vertical pad adjustment. If you don't really care about that, and the bar is going to cost a lot more, I'd just go Zipp!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One advantage for the Zipp Vuka Aero is that there is only one set at the supplier and they're on special, although that appears to be factored into your pricing already. Pricing doesn't usually include extensions so check that if you do want to go Zipp.

However, the max tilt on the Vuka Aero is 10deg and it sounds like your pads are at 15deg. Zipp do make a wedge for under the pad but I've never seen one listed on the NZ suppliers site.
I haven't updated my calculation tools for the Vuka Aero, but it doesn't seem like the best option of what you've listed

For Tririg

This is for the Alpha One with ergo armrest. Works pretty well for you in terms of riser stack. Pads would be slammed back as far as they can go.

Then we come to Profile Design and at this point I should disclose that my opinions may be coloured by being an R&D consultant for PD and responsible for all the recent aerobar designs.
Thus PD bars have already been updated to a new spreadsheet format and other brands happening more slowly.

The AU with Ergo fits more precisely with room to move back and forward. But you will be quite stacked up.
I'd wait till the end of the year were I you.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Aero or Tririg Alpha One or Profile Design Aeria Ultimate or something else? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The zipp vuka aero I have, comes with both a 5 degree and 10 degree wedge (stackable to 15 degree).

The reason I went with Zipp in the end is more reach flexibility (you can add any stem and flip the brackets). you can flip the armrest brackets. The aeria ultimate exposes the armwrest in the most forward position and I could feel my elbows on them. Otherwise, I really like the aeria ultimate
Last edited by: bloodyshogun: Mar 1, 21 6:43
Quote Reply