Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp OVCX Cyclocross series over ... pic
Quote | Reply
Was a great series. Lots of UCI points for the big boys (and gals - I could follow Katie Compton for all of about 30 secs).

Congrats to all who did the 13 race series in the 3 states (including a UCI-1 race and 2 USGP races).

A photo that only a cyclocrosser could possibly enjoy from todays final race ... Now, is this warming up or cooling down?! ;)

Last edited by: rroof: Dec 7, 08 18:57
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp OVCX Cyclocross series over ... pic [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have that exact trainer. it sucks balls. sorry to hijack.

Quote | Reply
Probably why the guy had it out there in the snow for his warm up! POS bike as well, but gets the job done! I think his cross bike was a fair bit nicer (Zipp tubulars, etc.) ;)

Quote | Reply
This is an honest question. Is below freezing/snow on the ground any better or worse than mid 30's and wet?

The cold seems to get easier to handle as the season goes along, and then once you can handle it, the season is over. By the end of my race today, my feet and lips were numb but it didn't hurt like it did a few weeks ago.

---------------------------------------------------

Brawndo's got what plants crave. Brawndo's got electrolytes. And that's what plants crave. They crave electrolytes. Which is what Brawndo has. And that's why plants crave Brawndo. Not water, like from the toilet.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp OVCX Cyclocross series over ... pic [Hamner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, better - I think. I've never been cold *during* any cross race! But, it was 13 degrees F during warm up rides and it was pretty chilly standing around watching my daughter and other races!

But, cold and wet sucks more and the mud is just as slippery as snow/ice! The snow is just a little unerving though as there can be ice beneath, deep (acting like sand), etc.

Quote | Reply
From what I've heard from last year at nats in KC, cold and snow mixed with mud is about the coldest.

So rroof==that was the end of the ccx season there? We still have races into January here, though the biggest series had it's finale today.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp OVCX Cyclocross series over ... pic [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, yeah I could see that. Today actually wasn't too bad except for the 2 ditch crossings and a long sloppy bog, but mid 30's to us Alabamians is some cold shit.

It helps take the sting away when you "have the good sensations in the legs".

---------------------------------------------------

Brawndo's got what plants crave. Brawndo's got electrolytes. And that's what plants crave. They crave electrolytes. Which is what Brawndo has. And that's why plants crave Brawndo. Not water, like from the toilet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Michigan State Championships this weekend was in the low 20's, vicious westerly wind putting the wind chill into the single digits and roughly 6 inches of snow.......so, I'd say it can be worse......perhaps, maybe and depends.

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We just had our last race in Georgia and it was so sad to know I have to wait an entire year to get the chance to abuse myself like that again. God I love 'cross!

-Andrew Saar
It is better to do the right thing and be paid poorly,
than to do the wrong thing and be rewarded richly.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp OVCX Cyclocross series over ... pic [ShoMyOFace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was supposed to do that race sunday and blew it off because of the road conditions getting there. I thought that the wind might be a bitch. last race though it was in the teens, my feet got so numb I could bartely walk. -good times

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It sounds like you need more clothes during your race, and perhaps before.

I think wet makes everything worse. I dislike riding in show/ice quite a bit but I've ridden down to 15 and would rather do that than 35F and rain.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp OVCX Cyclocross series over ... pic [ShoMyOFace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The front straight was brutal yesterday! I think my feet are still thawing out also.

It was hard conditions to dress for. You definitely needed something to block the wind, but I was a sweaty mess covered in icicles by the end of the race.

My right shifter froze up with 3 laps to go also, so I was stuck with one easy gear. It made it easy to get up the hills and stuff, but I was going backwards on the straights. :-(
Quote Reply