Quote | Reply
MSRP .... $3,100.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp NSW comes to 404 [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How many watts does coasting with a freewheel cost?

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp NSW comes to 404 [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kjmcawesome wrote:
How many watts does coasting with a freewheel cost?

Not sure but it apparently costs your wallet over three grand. :-)

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp NSW comes to 404 [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could get 3 pair of Hed Jet 6 + for this price. What would the Zipps be doing for you?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp NSW comes to 404 [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great news!
I need a 404 rear wheel. If anyone is looking to upgrade to these then let me know if you are wanting to sell your "old" rear 404

Phil
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the braking really up to par with aluminum?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Last edited by: ZenTriBrett: Feb 2, 16 3:01
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp NSW comes to 404 [Phil Hodson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Phil Hodson wrote:
Great news!
I need a 404 rear wheel. If anyone is looking to upgrade to these then let me know if you are wanting to sell your "old" rear 404

Phil

Mine is old 404 with G3 powertap hub. Keeping it for now as I use it with Catalyst cover for racing.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp NSW comes to 404 [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:

I have a new set of 404 FCs (Zipp pads) and a new set of Flo 30s (I think I use the Swiss Stop yellow pads with these wheels). While I haven't tried either wheel in wet conditions yet, I prefer the braking of the Zipps. Much better modulation and good stopping power. Maybe there is a better pad for the Flos, but I have zero complaints about the brake track on the Firecrests. I assume the NSW can only be better.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp NSW comes to 404 [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I disagree, at least when using the fc wheels with platinum pro pads(which the zipps eat like kids eat candy) not super awe inspiring. first ride back on some new heds this fall after 2 or 3 years and I almost threw myself off the bike, this, on a flat surface no less. now I don't have to pull so hard on the brake levers anymore
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try most any wheel with an aluminum brake track with kool-stop salmon brake pads. Wet or dry, that combo will beat by a big margin any carbon rim with any brake pad in the same conditions.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aren't the SwissStop yellow pads designed for carbon rims and not suitable for aluminium brake tracks?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been on the internet too long. I read something like "Zipp NSFW ... 404 error".
Last edited by: xpda: Feb 3, 16 9:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
ZenTriBrett wrote:

I have a new set of 404 FCs (Zipp pads) and a new set of Flo 30s (I think I use the Swiss Stop yellow pads with these wheels). While I haven't tried either wheel in wet conditions yet, I prefer the braking of the Zipps. Much better modulation and good stopping power. Maybe there is a better pad for the Flos, but I have zero complaints about the brake track on the Firecrests. I assume the NSW can only be better.

If you are using Swiss Stop Yellow pads with our FLO 30s, then you certainly will not have good braking performance. The Yellow pads are designed for carbon rims.

http://www.swissstop.com/...mpounds/yellow-king/

I'd highly recommend not using carbon pads on an aluminum rim as it's not safe. Swiss stop makes 3 options for aluminum braking surfaces, Original Black, GHP II, and BXP.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply