Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp Firecret Brake Noise
Quote | Reply
My new 808 Firecrest makes a deafening loud screeching noise when stopping. I have the proprietary Zipp cork pads installed. Has anyone else experienced this? Are there other pads that any of you have tried which are more quiet? Thanks in advance for your input.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Firecret Brake Noise [valdlaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool......the zipp disc has the swoosh, swoosh and now the fir crest has the screech, screech. We got the sounds coming and going now. Sorry I could not add any useful info though.

Re: Zipp Firecret Brake Noise [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First ride, or is it persistent after a few rides? The tangente pads I use with my stingers took about 3 rides before the screeching died down.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Firecret Brake Noise [BeeSeeBee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes today was the first ride. About 42 miles and it didn't appear to be improving. How many miles did it take for you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You just need to break in the pads. Check to make sure the alignment of the pads is correct. But it should go away once the pads are scrubbed in.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Firecret Brake Noise [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Jordan. Hope to report back that the sound is gone soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you want to speed it up you can probably see the wear spot on the pads. follow the trend of how they are wearing and sand them down a bit, not much but enough to even out the braking surface.
Quote Reply