Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp Firecrest and Plasma 2 owners...
Quote | Reply
So licking my wounds after Wildflower and looking for some input. I was running a 404/808FC combo on a plasma 2 and did a training ride on the course Friday coming down by the park entrance when I thought I blew out the front at 35mph which resulted in the scariest speed wobble ever (the ladies at the gate thought the were going to call the ambulance). Ok so check the tire and its cool, headset and all mechanical items and everything checks out. So I take off again and head down the long hill and at +30mph I get the same wobble and go flying across the other lane....turn around and head back to camp and get the wobble going through the sweeper left. All the time the wind has been blowing steady.

Swapped out the 404 to my old mavic training wheel and thought that solved the problem until race morning going down Lynch when I got that wobble again at 30. So ultimately on Sat I rode the brakes most of the day on the downhill sections never getting more than 28mph...which sucks after grinding it out going up the hills. I think I'm ruling out that it was the wheels but other opinions are welcome. Some people have said that with the FC it almost tries to "correct itself" meaning it will push then come back to center. Also, the Plasma 2 has that cutout on the down tube for the wheel.

Fit geometry is pretty much like that of my old P2 and yes I've ridden a 50/100mm combo with my old race wheels. Any thoughts.....?
Quote Reply