Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp Firecrest Freehub swap from Campag to Shimano
Quote | Reply
I have the option on an unused 2011 ZIPP 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher at a really good price. However, it has a campag free hub. Can anyone tell me how easy it is to swap to a Shimano/Sram, and can I only use a ZIPP replacement free hub or are there alternatives?

Alternatively how well does a Campag cassette run with a SRAM set-up? if at all.

Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Firecrest Freehub swap from Campag to Shimano [DaveyP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Figure your exact setup from shifter to derailleur to cassette and then go to the JTek site. I used a Shift Mate with an older 8 speed Campy/Shimano hybrid and it worked beautifully. Ooops I see you are SRAM, not Shimano.

Here is the Zipp hub converter which you obviously know about. As far as other makes I'm not sure. The only time I used a freehub body swap was on an old American Classic hub a good 10-12 years ago and I had to use the AC part. Like everything with Zipp it's an absolute anal raping of $176 for a new freehub, but if you are buying Zipp wheels this won't be too much of a shock for you!

http://www.zipp.com/.../detail.php?ID=16703
Last edited by: tigerpaws: Mar 5, 12 5:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
swapping take abt 5-8 mins. max!
SRAM and Campy doesn't work.
Last edited by: chinawolf: Mar 5, 12 4:56
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Firecrest Freehub swap from Campag to Shimano [chinawolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last edited by: tigerpaws: Mar 5, 12 5:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I might be coming into a set of Zipps with a SRAM/Shimano freehub and I'm a Campy man, so would be game for a swap if your interested.....
Cheers
Jon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DaveyP wrote:
I have the option on an unused 2011 ZIPP 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher at a really good price.

Davey,

care to share were we could get this good price?
Quote Reply