Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp Disc w/ PT or HED Jet 90 w/ PT?
Quote | Reply
I think I know what most STers will say, but I was looking at either the new Zipp Disc (not the sub-9) with the wireless Powertap or the HED Jet 90 also with wireless PT. My main races are Eagleman, Providence 70.3, and Timberman.

Last year I used a disc cover on my Mavic open pro training wheel. (It was a real hassle to put the covers on and off for races.) This year I want to avoid that. I know the price difference between the two is approx. $1,100. and the ride quality is more compliant with the HED wheel. I doubt I will put covers on the HED wheel because of the hassle. What are your opinions before I place my order?

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Disc w/ PT or HED Jet 90 w/ PT? [yaprr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know you didn't ask about this, but what about a Zipp 1080 with a PowerTap? I know the Jet 90 is deeper than the 808, but the 1080 is as deep as you can go without going full disk.

Might be worth looking into.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Disc w/ PT or HED Jet 90 w/ PT? [yaprr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I definately liked using a flashpoint 60 with a wheelcover more than I did my Zipp 900 disc. Not that noticable on smooth roads, but definately more comfortable riding the spoked wheel on rough roads with lots of rough corners (Soma Tri in Phoenix).
Chad
Quote Reply