Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher internal width, 2011 vs now
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know what the internal diameter of the 808 Firecrest CC from 2011 was? For that matter, has the rim changed in that time in any substantial way?
In looking at old Zipp Catalogs from the time, I don't see any internal brake-track width specified, just the outer. The current 808 CC that they sell (not the NSW) lists an internal width of 17mm. But who knows what it was in 2011?

This isn't going to affect my equipment choices. I'm happy with my 2011 wheel. I was just curious.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher internal width, 2011 vs now [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was no firecrest in 2011
Well maybe there was in the states, but outside we never saw them for a long time after that.
Last edited by: lyrrad: Dec 4, 18 13:58
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher internal width, 2011 vs now [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher internal width, 2011 vs now [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher internal width, 2011 vs now [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hubs aside I didn’t think the firecrest changed from then till only recently?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher internal width, 2011 vs now [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IamSpartacus wrote:
Hubs aside I didn’t think the firecrest changed from then till only recently?

Didn't the 808 only change once they became NSWs, along with tubeless and extra width? Rim-wise. I mean.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher internal width, 2011 vs now [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
The internal width was 16.25mm in 2011.

Excellent, thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher internal width, 2011 vs now [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lyrrad wrote:
Well maybe there was in the states, but outside we never saw them for a long time after that.

Ironically I bought this wheel from ProBikeKit in the UK in 2011
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lyrrad wrote:
Australia I purchased in May 2011 a 404 front 808 rear firecrest.

Do I need to provide photos and receipts for proof or is my word good enough?

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply