Nice!

Where did you find it? How much? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 2001 Nude Carbon Fiber Finally Arrived...... [sabeast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very Nice!!

Where are you thinking of taking it?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Post deleted by sabeast [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are near Soouth Brunswick, Jason who owns Halter's in Monmouth Jct is an excellent mechanic. they have been a Zipp dealer since they opened in the early 90's

You know we want pics as it's being built!

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't get it... the frame has a bottom bracket (ok, it's square taper) and headset already installed. Are you planning to get those changed out? Otherwise there is no reason to take it to a shop - everything is screwdriver/allen key/cable cutter work. Especially since this is a fairly unique piece of work and you don't (apparently) have a standing relationship with any particular shop.

Less is more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never been to Marty's or Somerville, but I know that they both have very good reputations. I also remember that Ed Wright from Green Brook used to race one of those. If you can get ahold of him, he might be able to help you out.

I used to love seeing Ed pull into the races with his $3000 Zipp bike on top of his $1000 Volkswagon. Showed that he had his priorities in order!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

woah - congrats ! thats a fantastic find

that perforated turbo is a nice touch

could you post another photo of the carbon brake shroud?

what wheels are you planning? zipps with custom 3M reflective grey decals? nude Hed3's nude carbon Zipp trispokes? corima 4's?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those Zipp 3000's are not fast wheels, that's why they aren't sold anymore. I agree that you should make it all Zipp; 808/disc.

Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 2001 Nude Carbon Fiber Finally Arrived...... [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Call Greg Cordasco (owner) of Liberty Cycle in Basking Ridge. He used to sell them and build them up. He is still the owner and might be (??) one of the few people around who actually remembers building those up back in the day. And he is a great guy and it is a great shop in a nice small town.
Quote Reply
Last edited by: sabeast: May 6, 15 11:12
Quote | Reply
sabeast wrote:
Yeah thats what i had read somewhere.....I deff want all zipp and all nude carbon fiber. I saw the zipp fork on ebay but $570? Im not even sure if it'll work for my frame.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281471901971?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That fork is beautiful but (there's always a but) it's threaded, which will bring up problems of it's own with stems and headsets. And there are faster options; Reynolds Ouzo Tri (aluminum steerer if you can find one) or the Kenesis aero fork the Dan called the Carbonaero with Quintana Roo.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd build with the Kenesis AND the DA brake and I'd use one of these adaptors:

http://www.wiggle.com/...mt||prd|5360422709us

so you can use a clamp on stem and a fast base bar like the Zipp.

I'm guessing that the frame came with the DA brake because the old Zipp brake was known as a ''slowing down devise'' not a stopper.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You will not have any more problems with the Zipp than you would with the Kenesis, both are threaded. You'll need the adaptor or a quill stem with a round base bar.

Have you found anyone yet to work on it for you?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks great, and while I didn't recommend a Zipp for someone not doing their own work... I hope it turns out awesome for you! Looks like it's mostly all there.

Tririg Omega's make good replacements for the stock brake when you actually want to stop.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent work dude you will love that if you can get it dialed in fit wise. I had the precursor to that with the Allsop beam and LOVED it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whoa.. that is rad. Love the bare carbon look.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next