Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp 11 speed freehub question...
Quote | Reply
Picked up a 2013 set of 404's.... hopefully to transition to 11 speed at some point.

I thought all the new freehubs say 11 spd on them. The packaging says 11 speed... but just making sure. Any of you have any 11 speed wheels that don't say 11 on the freehub?

Last edited by: Donzo98: Jun 8, 13 14:13
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 11 speed freehub question... [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks like a 10 speed freehub. The 11 doesn't have the two grooves and should come with a spacer for running a 10 speed cassette.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 11 speed freehub question... [Scott in PDX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scott in PDX wrote:
That looks like a 10 speed freehub. The 11 doesn't have the two grooves and should come with a spacer for running a 10 speed cassette.

Crazy thing is that it comes with all the stuff including the spacer... and says 11 speed in the paperwork in the Zip Lock thing...
Last edited by: Donzo98: Jun 8, 13 14:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you could install a 10 speed cassette w/o the thick spacer they include and check for side to side movement. The manuals that came with my 2013 808's was circa 2011 and didn't have any info about the 11 speed spacer. I seem to remember a supplemental sheet mentioning the spacer.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 11 speed freehub question... [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SummitAK wrote:
I think you could install a 10 speed cassette w/o the thick spacer they include and check for side to side movement. The manuals that came with my 2013 808's was circa 2011 and didn't have any info about the 11 speed spacer. I seem to remember a supplemental sheet mentioning the spacer.

Pretty sure its 10 speed only... the hub cap is silver not black.

Read this:

http://www.zipp.com/.../detail.php?ID=16732
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good info. I don't remember the 11 speed etching on freehub, but I've also recently set up a couple sets of Reynolds 2013 wheels that were etched so maybe it is my poor memory. I'll have to check my spacer installation.

Zipp mentions the 2012 11 speed conversion here and here. In the second link they mention the 2013 parts are not compatible with 2009-2012 hubs though there is a 2012 conversion kit. The assumption would be that the conversion kit has the black end cap.

I'll have to check my 10 speed spacer orientation versus the second link. If it only allows installation facing the proper direction I'm ok. I wonder because I've had to adjust rear derailleur indexing when going from the 808's to training wheels. My spacer is silver in color rather than the current black.

Please post back with what you find about your 404's:)
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 11 speed freehub question... [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Almost positive they are 10 speed... no 11 speed etching.

http://www.zipp.com/.../hub/88-188-hubs.php
Quote Reply