Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Your favourite run shoe of 2018
Quote | Reply
Title says it all, what was you’re favourite running shoe of 2018 and why?

Mine was the Nike Epic React due to the Flyknit upper and bouncy react foam. It’s also going strong at 400km+...
Quote Reply
Re: Your favourite run shoe of 2018 [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine was the On Running CloudFlow. Light, responsive, and supportive. It was like my unicorn shoe after years of searching.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I switched from Nike Free to Saucony Freedom ISO this year. Think I’m going to try Nike Epic React or Pegasus Turbo next year. The freedom ISO is a good enough shoe but wasn’t blown away by it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same as the past few years. Saucony Kinvara has been my one constant do everything running shoe for like 6 years now among the rotating door of other long run, racing, and trail shoes.

Robert Dao
ATC Racing - Austin, TX
Gold's Gym Triathlon Coach
@speedao1
@daotraining
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brooks Launch 5. Ditched the Newtons, and completely got rid of my calf injuries

NO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New Balance Zante. Again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hoka Clifton's for training. Allowed me to ramp up my mileage.
Nike 4% for races. Holy Shit these things feel great.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Your favourite run shoe of 2018 [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parkland wrote:
I switched from Nike Free to Saucony Freedom ISO this year. Think I’m going to try Nike Epic React or Pegasus Turbo next year. The freedom ISO is a good enough shoe but wasn’t blown away by it.

I like the FreedomISO more than anything else I've tried. I really tried to love the Peg Turbo but am always clumsy in it. The Adidas Sub2 is nice enough but doesn't seem as nice or as fast as the FISO, and the Brooks PureFlow7 feels like two pieces of plywood strapped to my feet.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hoka Clifton 1. It got re-released probably at least in part due to ST community. I bought 3 pairs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For me the New Balance Vongo, because it is one of only two shoe models I know that has the features I need; low but not zero drop, moderate pronation support, reasonably light weight. The other is the Brooks Purecadence, but the Vongo edges it with a bit more cushioning as I'm going long again this year.

Rich.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found a pair of Under Armour Speedform Geminis at an outlet for about $40 and couldn't be happier. Durable, soft, wide forefoot, and CHEAP!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm old and need cushion. Hoka Bondi 5 for training and Bondi 6 for racing. Last time I tried a lighter shoe for racing, It took 6 months to recover from the plantar fasciitis I got from just one race. Not gonna do that again!

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skechers GoRunRide. Yup. I said it. Skechers. Best shoe I ever ran in.
Quote Reply
Re: Your favourite run shoe of 2018 [kquantum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I totally agree, especially without the sock liner. My other favourite was the arcteryx norvan ld for trails.
Quote Reply
Re: Your favourite run shoe of 2018 [Alabama Viking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alabama Viking wrote:
Brooks Launch 5. Ditched the Newtons, and completely got rid of my calf injuries

Ditto on the Launch 5. Really like that shoe.

I miss you "Sports Night"
Quote Reply
Re: Your favourite run shoe of 2018 [Quo Vadimus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brooks Ghost 11 26.2 version :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pegasus Turbo is my favorite general road shoe I've ever used. Flyknit 4% for races
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan - shame on you for starting this thread. Now I have to buy more running shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skora Fit. The first recent shoe that fits well on my wide midfoot and toebox, has zero drop, low stack, but isn't a sheet of rubber. I used to love the New Balance MR00, and then they discontinued them. I've been searching for an adequate replacement ever since. These were the first shoe I found that I could buy, pull out the removable insole, throw on barefoot and just run comfortably with no break in. I might have to stock up on these just in case.
Quote Reply
Re: Your favourite run shoe of 2018 [BudhaSlug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saucony Kinvara. I tried several others this year but I keep coming back to the Kinvara.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Parkland wrote:

I like the Freedom ISO, but switched to the Epic React (my fav) recently. I love the ISO's cushion, but it needs to be a bit thicker, and the solid outsole makes it feel heavier than its 9.5oz. The React addresses both of these.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Your favourite run shoe of 2018 [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
Hoka Clifton 1. It got re-released probably at least in part due to ST community. I bought 3 pairs.

Agree! This is my unicorn shoe... it just works so much better than anything else I have tried. Stashed away 7 pairs so far 😳

Quote | Reply
timr wrote:
Hoka Clifton's for training. Allowed me to ramp up my mileage.
Nike 4% for races. Holy Shit these things feel great.

Same here. Great combination.

Don’t get Pegasus Turbo. Not worth it. Get 4%
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bondi 6 has been great.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zoom turbo for long days for sure.. I've never felt so good when I finish a run before.

And reacts because I love the bounce.

Still waiting to try a race in a 4 percents
Quote Reply

Prev Next