Your Favourite Triathlete of 2022 & of all time
Quote | Reply
Female or male.
Long course or short course.
Favourite NOT best.
Your criteria.

A) This year __________
B) All time ___________

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Your Favourite Triathlete of 2022 & of all time [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like Skipper. He's a good laugh and a great athlete. And always root for Paula Findlay on the female end of the spectrum.

All time so far is probably Jan and Lucy
Last edited by: Sprusky: Nov 25, 22 11:34
Quote Reply
Re: Your Favourite Triathlete of 2022 & of all time [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This year: Magnus Ditlev
All time: Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1:LCB
2:Brad Beven
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Joe Skipper. Great personality and feels the most human out of the big guns. Also underrated although probably not going to be the case after this season.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A) This year : Gustav Iden
B) All time: tough choice with so many good options....maybe Chrissie Wellington

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A) Gordon Haller, he’s still active in his local race community
B) Paula Newby Fraser

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

A) This year Kristian Blumenfelt
B) All time Javier Gomez
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A) Iden
B) Chrissie Wellington. - raced with a huge smile!

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A) Iden - the more understated of Norway’s superhumans, but has shown this year he may have the better long-term career at long course.

B) Alister Brownlee - super talented, with a win-at-all-costs which likely didn’t win him any friends, but made him almost untouchable over short course at his peak.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All time = toss up between Simon Lessing, Paula, Peter Reid, Hellriegel (all for different reasons),
This year = Lucy
Quote Reply
Re: Your Favourite Triathlete of 2022 & of all time [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:

Say what you will about his racing/abilities/whatever, but the man loves triathlon and wants the sport to be sustainable and that makes him pretty awesome in my book that he cares.
Quote Reply
Re: Your Favourite Triathlete of 2022 & of all time [Vetratten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vetratten wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:

Say what you will about his racing/abilities/whatever, but the man loves triathlon and wants the sport to be sustainable and that makes him pretty awesome in my book that he cares.

There’s a ton of other guys I admire that are more talented than him, but I have a soft spot for Lionel and I’m a huge fan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A) Me
B) Me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A. Flora Duffy
B. Dave Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A. Gustav Iden- in interviews, he comes across as extremely likable.
B. Scott Molina- in the mid-80’s, NBC broadcast the Bud Light series every Sunday and I remember Molina winning nearly every week. It got me hooked on triathlon and I have not stopped competing since.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All time: Luc Van Lierde.
This year: Skipper.

STRAVA INSTAGRAM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This year Duffy. 4 times WC, Commonwealth Champ on top of last years Olympic gold.

All time Emma Snowsill.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A. Paula Findlay
B. Simon Whitfield
Quote Reply
Re: Your Favourite Triathlete of 2022 & of all time [Pettrifier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This year: Jon Breivold
All time: Crowie

Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
A) Me
B) Me

A) You
B) You

You now have more votes than Lionel.
Last edited by: marcag: Nov 26, 22 4:02
Quote Reply
Re: Your Favourite Triathlete of 2022 & of all time [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe Skipper for both.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This year: Gustav iden

All time : Kienle, crowie, Vincent Luis and Chrissie Wellington
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gustav
Mark Allen
Paula Newby Fraser

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All time: Sebi Kienle
This year: Richard Murray

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply

Prev Next