Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Young kids and I'm gassed [doug in co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doug in co wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:
I hear these stories of people back into training and racing with new babies, and I don't know how that's possible!

with a nanny, a cook, and a maid, many things are possible ;-)
if there are grandparents around who like playing with the kids, it can open up some time too..

Yes, but OP is a sub-specialty doc. Depending on the specialty and cost of living in his area, he might be able to afford a nanny, cook, and maid. If this is something you can afford, you should look into it. Having a cook, in particular, can free up a TON of time. It's also not much more expensive than take-out and substantially healthier. We have someone who comes to our house on Sunday and cooks dinner for the week. We'll usually cook Fri and go out Sat night (babysitter). So all we have to do is reheat things during the week. If you have a nanny, ask her if you can pay her another $2-3/hr to do some light housework (wipe counters, tidy, laundry).

If you have a 3rd kid, get a night nurse until they're consistently sleeping through the night. This will make the biggest difference of all.

OP might have more free time available to he realizes. Now whether you use that time to train or spend with family is your choice, but minimally everyone will be happier.
Quote Reply
Re: Young kids and I'm gassed [doug in co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doug in co wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:
I hear these stories of people back into training and racing with new babies, and I don't know how that's possible!

with a nanny, a cook, and a maid, many things are possible ;-)
Hahaha,welcome to Expat life in Asia....There are lots of hours in the day to do stuff thanks to servants and boarding school. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Young kids and I'm gassed [BJones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BJones wrote:
I used to work for an older gentleman who was fond of saying, "small kids, small problems; big kids, big problems".

I don't think the (very real!) logistical headaches you're outlining are what he meant.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply

Prev Next