Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

YouTube: Integrating Triathlon with Family/Kids/Travel
Quote | Reply
Hi guys-- would like your feedback on the new YouTube channel we've launched. The entire channel is dedicated to getting the Mount Lemmon KOM from Lionel.

Just kidding. But really...family is one of the most important things to me but also high up on that list is seeing how far I can push myself in this sport and thought I would document that journey.

Myself and some other strong athletes did a training camp recently in St. George and thought I would share.

Appreciate any feedback!

Thanks,

Klodian

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/...u2o5drAZzzU&t=3s

Background on me - Slowtwitch article: https://www.slowtwitch.com/...ian_Mitri__7849.html
Last edited by: aftermath312: Feb 23, 21 9:21
Quote Reply
Re: YouTube: Integrating Triathlon with Family/Kids/Travel [aftermath312] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thoughts/comments?
Quote Reply
Re: YouTube: Integrating Triathlon with Family/Kids/Travel [aftermath312] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, I'll bite. After I read your post I was expecting to see how you manage to juggle kids, work and sports and maybe get some inspiration.
In the video I have seen you work out while your wife took care of the kids. So for me there was no content.

Also, I thought your kids were a little too exposed, but that's for you to decide.

Don't take it personal, I'm just a random internet dude.
Good luck
Uli
Quote Reply
Re: YouTube: Integrating Triathlon with Family/Kids/Travel [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't tri, I do bikes and a random du if it pops up. But that means I'll run. Maybe show folks how they can utilize wasted time while still giving focused/quality attention to the kids/spouse. Or make things fun and inclusive.

-run while the kids ride their bikes (most kids aren't going Tour de France riding pace)

-instead of looking at your phone, drop and do some plank, pushups, wall squat, etc.......

-If your kids are even vaguely OK with riding bikes in the mud or "kid fun" conditions, let them do the free 10min kid's cyclocross free-ride and then you do your 30min race. We've done this and my wife who pretty much hates cycling as a hobby enjoyed watching. Your 30min race is a small add-on to the kids riding with you somewhere cool together! I made my own PVC barriers, and I have caught my kids hauling them out into the cul de sac to try to carry their bikes over while riding! They also enjoy practicing the bunny hop over an old shoe or something.

-maybe suggest some workouts where you can do a few swim laps during adult swim at a family pool outing but you go back to the kiddos otherwise
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems rather narcissistic to me - kids as props to get attention for yourself?
Quote Reply
Re: YouTube: Integrating Triathlon with Family/Kids/Travel [uw234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is helpful! Thanks Uli. The training camp was a little more of a selfish time as it was heavy volume focused to take advantage of time on the WC course. But still able to use the evenings for family hikes, etc. I didn't want to make too long of a video so just highlighted one of our favorite hikes with the group.

This other video is more of a day in the life where I juggle it all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SouBSR_kpHA

My goal with this channel is to highlight that you can still have big goals while trying to be a very involved father/husband. Feel free to follow along on instagram to get that additional insight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alright I subscribed! Here is what I want to see:

1. how do you train with kids?
2. How do you balance responsibilities at home?
3. How do you and your wife split personal time away from kids when you are already away when training?
4. How do you do meal prep and food for the family?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. Well, sort of.

Probably not very relatable to most of your potential viewers. Not to me, at least.
Quote Reply
Re: YouTube: Integrating Triathlon with Family/Kids/Travel [Pro_Sandbagger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s helpful feedback. Also doing a sub-series called “heroes for a day” where I highlight different Utah athletes, KOM segments, and other legendary routes- did a recent training day with James Lawrence ahead of the Conquer 100 he’s starting Monday

Last edited by: aftermath312: Feb 27, 21 9:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's cool, I think I saw you at Challenge Daytona even though I finish like 1hr later haha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aftermath312 wrote:
Hi guys-- would like your feedback on the new YouTube channel we've launched. The entire channel is dedicated to getting the Mount Lemmon KOM from Lionel.

Just kidding. But really...family is one of the most important things to me but also high up on that list is seeing how far I can push myself in this sport and thought I would document that journey.

Myself and some other strong athletes did a training camp recently in St. George and thought I would share.

Appreciate any feedback!

Thanks,

Klodian

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/...u2o5drAZzzU&t=3s

Background on me - Slowtwitch article: https://www.slowtwitch.com/...ian_Mitri__7849.html

hmm....I'm reminded of the quote, Success is 1% perspiration and 99% self-promotion
:) Good Luck
Quote Reply