Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Yoga for Triathletes
Quote | Reply
I teach a bit of yoga, mostly older women who just want to keep moving. I started in yoga to improve my overall health and deal with some personal physical limiters. Anyhoo, here is a link for some interesting articles and yoga sets for running, cycling, and swimming.

http://www.yogajournal.com/practice/196_1.cfm

Jim

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Yoga for Triathletes [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim,

do you work on postures only, or do you also practice breathing and meditation as well?
Quote Reply
Re: Yoga for Triathletes [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois, with my students I do mostly asana (postures) because they do not seem to understand or want to learn anything else. I live in a very church orientated small town. In my own pratice I am very into the breathing and body awarenes. I use a light unguided meditation to end my classes, this seems to satisfy my students, I know some of them pray during this time. I have a evening class of mostly people in their mid 40's and they like what I do also. They seem more enlightened, but when I try to include more meditation and talks about being more aware of what they are expierencing, I get complaints that the "workout" isn't as good. Everyone tells me how much they feel they have benefited from my class and how much they like it that I kinda don't want tofix what isn't broke.

Jim

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Yoga for Triathletes [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just started yoga 2 weeks ago and really like it. I don't know that I see a difference yet but I am definitly working on flexibilty, balance and find it so relaxing. Good article.
Quote Reply