Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Yet another saddle (Fi'zi:k Aliante)
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried the Fizik Aliante saddle out or is currently using one? I’ve tried the big nose gel saddles but can't get comfortable. As of now the only saddle I can get comfortable on is my SLR, but that only lasts about 70miles. I know the Aliante is $$$, but I have read a lot of excellent reviews. Any more reviews would be most helpful.
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another saddle (Fi'zi:k Aliante) [Jason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried www.roadbikereview.com. Last time I looked there were about 29 reviews for that saddle. I think it was given a rating of 4.69/5.
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another saddle (Fi'zi:k Aliante) [BLACKSHEEP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't go wrong with the Aliante-

The carbon rails (on my road bike, Thomson Seat post) are 8mm, the Ti rails (on my race bike) are 7mm, so it will make a difference for your saddle fit on the seatpost. HOWEVER- if you are a rider who sits forward of the nose, you won't like this saddle. If you sit like a roadie, you'll love it.

Enjoy- it's worth the cost

Rob

http://www.reathcon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another saddle (Fi'zi:k Aliante) [Rob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
funny. the nose is what got me to try it. It seemed to be one of the few saddles w/ padding up to the tip of the nose. I found it more comfortable than the san marco tri saddles. I don't know if it's the traditional padding vs the gel pad, or the carbon shell, but I love this saddle.

I'm riding the ti version. if you use one of the xlab rattlewings, they might not work on the all carbon version. since the rails at the far back aren't traditionally shaped.
Quote Reply