Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Yet another apparel question
Quote | Reply
After a number of years of duathloning I'm getting back in the 70.3 game. Mostly for the lulz, because my swim is atrocious, but I would like to post a credible AG bike-run time.

I have three options for race kit:

The pro of the Team Canada gear is that I know it works, and I can swim, bike, and run in it. The cons of both the one- and two piece are that there are no pockets at all, and only a zip at the back (ITU short-course regulations). I've raced warm to hot sprint- and standard distance in them, but when doing a little simulation last weekend I found the (long) run pretty hot after the (longer) bike. I can work around the lack of pockets by stuffing gels in the legs of my shorts, but that's not optimal.

Obviously the normal pros and cons for one- and two piece hold, and if I go with the full Team Canada kit it'll be a game day decision between one- and two piece, depending on weather.

I know I can run in the Apex jersey, but the wild card is the swim. I haven't tried swimming in it yet. Big pros are the full length zipper (and I'm aware of the sternum rule :-), and the back pockets.

Question now: what is more aero? A really tight sleeveless with no pockets, or a tight "aero" cycling jersey with (empty) pockets? I would only use the pockets for gels during the run.

Help?

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another apparel question [Richard Blaine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody?

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply