Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Yay! ProBikeKit shipped the last part of my order placed on August 23rd!
Quote | Reply
Woot Woot! It should be at my house later this week! Canadian Flag bar plugs for a friend of mine. Must have been on a really sloooooow boat...
Quote Reply
Re: Yay! ProBikeKit shipped the last part of my order placed on August 23rd! [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh man. You have no idea what trouble I am having with these jokers. Fuming is not the word. I have all but given up on receiving my order and now contemplating taking them to small claims court to get my money and out of pocket expenses. They are nothing short of thieves :-( I could rant all night - best stop now before I completely go off on one. Should have taken note one of their trust pilot reviews :-(

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Re: Yay! ProBikeKit shipped the last part of my order placed on August 23rd! [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow.... that bad eh? I ordered a set of Bora Ultras from them last week. Do I have to worry the goods are counterfeit, or is it just horrible customer service? Fingers crossed......
Quote Reply
Re: Yay! ProBikeKit shipped the last part of my order placed on August 23rd! [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ordered from Wiggle in the UK great shipping no issues

------------------------------------------------------------
"PAIN is nothing compared to what it feels like to QUIT" Wink
Quote Reply
Re: Yay! ProBikeKit shipped the last part of my order placed on August 23rd! [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've mainly ordered tires and tubes from them, but never had a problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yikes!

I've ordered from them in the past (tyres and tubes mainly) but never anything that I think I'm going to need in the near future :D Still, August is a long time...

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not surprised. Their customer service and shipping times have slipped badly. I ordered some tires this spring; they overcharged me for shipping by $20 (long story) and the tires took over a month to arrive despite the assurance at time of purchase that I'd get them in 7-10 days.

They have lost my business forever.

Meanwhile Chain Reaction, Wiggle, and Merlin have all been excellent. Especially Merlin.
Quote Reply
Re: Yay! ProBikeKit shipped the last part of my order placed on August 23rd! [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
I'm not surprised. Their customer service and shipping times have slipped badly. I ordered some tires this spring; they overcharged me for shipping by $20 (long story) and the tires took over a month to arrive despite the assurance at time of purchase that I'd get them in 7-10 days.

They have lost my business forever.

Meanwhile Chain Reaction, Wiggle, and Merlin have all been excellent. Especially Merlin.

Mine, too. Shame really. They used to be great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just adding in my .02 cents worth... I decided against an order with ProBikeKit just last week based on the negative reviews I found even though their price was the lowest. Instead, I ordered from Sigma Sport in the UK. Sigma Sport was awesome, package had full DHL tracking and arrived at my door in Texas in 3 days.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply
Re: Yay! ProBikeKit shipped the last part of my order placed on August 23rd! [Taugen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Taugen wrote:
Just adding in my .02 cents worth... I decided against an order with ProBikeKit just last week based on the negative reviews I found even though their price was the lowest. Instead, I ordered from Sigma Sport in the UK. Sigma Sport was awesome, package had full DHL tracking and arrived at my door in Texas in 3 days.

Looking at their feedback on trust pilot it seems if you order typical consumables like tyres or inner tubes no problem. As soon as you order something like a bike box things take a turn for the worst. I have used Wiggle and Sigma for years and will not go anywhere else now I have had my PBK experience :-(

Quote Reply
Re: Yay! ProBikeKit shipped the last part of my order placed on August 23rd! [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:

Worth knowing that Chain Reaction and Wiggle are essentially the same company now. Their online stock, pricing and shipping is identical now and I think even the customer reviews are shared.
Quote Reply
Re: Yay! ProBikeKit shipped the last part of my order placed on August 23rd! [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
eb wrote:

Worth knowing that Chain Reaction and Wiggle are essentially the same company now. Their online stock, pricing and shipping is identical now and I think even the customer reviews are shared.

Is that legal?
Not the shared ownership, but the shared front door/illusion of choice aspect
Quote Reply
Re: Yay! ProBikeKit shipped the last part of my order placed on August 23rd! [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Liaman wrote:
knighty76 wrote:
eb wrote:

Is that legal?

Dunno!

Need to eat my words a little bit, because I can get slightly different search results from the two stores - for example, if I search for latex inner tube I get the Vittoria result on CR but not on Wiggle. But for specific items available on both sites the prices and stock levels for different options do look exactly the same.
Quote Reply
Re: Yay! ProBikeKit shipped the last part of my order placed on August 23rd! [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Is that legal?

You must be under the illusion that this is the only place that something like this is happening. Go take a look at the vacation rental websites as an example.
Quote Reply
Re: Yay! ProBikeKit shipped the last part of my order placed on August 23rd! [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Quote:
Is that legal?

You must be under the illusion that this is the only place that something like this is happening. Go take a look at the vacation rental websites as an example.

Not at all - people get away with what they can.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered a part from them Oct 17... It shipped Nov 5th. I will never order anything from them again. That's just ridiculous
Quote Reply
Re: Yay! ProBikeKit shipped the last part of my order placed on August 23rd! [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
eb wrote:

I thought that Wiggle was British and Chain Reaction was European. The Wiggle owners bought Chain Reaction as a Brexit safeguard. That is what I head anyway.

Quote Reply
Re: Yay! ProBikeKit shipped the last part of my order placed on August 23rd! [Calvin386] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Calvin386 wrote:
I ordered a part from them Oct 17... It shipped Nov 5th. I will never order anything from them again. That's just ridiculous

I just ordered something on 11/3. This thread prompted me to check the order status and it now has an estimated ship date of 11/19! WTF?
Quote Reply
Re: Yay! ProBikeKit shipped the last part of my order placed on August 23rd! [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had an order this fall that took its time. A couple of days to ship, then the 2 week delay for a 1 week delivery window. It ended up coming in near the end of the window. So not a horror story, but certainly slower than CRC or any of the other smorgasbord of UK etailers from what I have heard. Of course I placed my order after I read the crappy reviews! Curious, were the items you ordered listed as "in stock, read to dispatch"?
Quote Reply
Re: Yay! ProBikeKit shipped the last part of my order placed on August 23rd! [pknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pknight wrote:
Curious, were the items you ordered listed as "in stock, read to dispatch"?

Actually I didn't notice at the time but it does say "usually dispatched within 2 weeks" in fine print. The estimated ship date they're giving me is more than 2 weeks from the date I ordered but it's pretty close. I guess I know for next time not to order from them if it's something I need quickly!
Quote Reply