Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Xterra Wetsuits??
Quote | Reply
Anyone with experience with this brand. I'm thinking of getting a fullsuit for the upcoming season and I'm trying to decide whether 1 piece or 2 piece is the way to go. Here's a quote from their website...

"the VORTEX FULL is the world’s first 1.piece wetsuit to offer the comfort and flexibility of a 2.piece design/ with the speed and hydrodynamics offered only in a 1.piece fullsuit"

I'm assuming they just use really flexible rubber to achieve the comfy feeling like a 2 piece?

I went back into their site and noticed that they have a liner that they claim makes it comfy.....
Last edited by: Allan: Feb 11, 03 17:29
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra Wetsuits?? [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i am also very interested in these wetsuits. They look pretty cool, and i think peter reid is wearing them, so they probably arent too shabby.

Anyone have one, had problems or any good things about one?

Thanks,

-Kevin

P.S. What are the prices like compared to say ironman stealth suits?

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just purchased a Xterra VORTEX about 2 weeks ago. Used in the pool and feels great.

Again, no races in it yet. Got a great deal on it, the best I could find after searching the

net for about a month.

The underarm area is a different material that is thinner than the rest of the suit, which

gives me greater flexability

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought an Xterra Vtex a couple of months ago. It's the Ventilator with the softer Vortex rubber. I never saw the Vtex advertised anywhere, so I emailed the company. Here's their reply:

"You won't see any advertising for the suit because we made very few of them. We made them for our Pro athletes that race in the southern hemisphere and need the yellow back to better regulate their temperature. That suit is by far the most flexible suit that we have ever made, because the yellow back is more flexible than the back of the Vortex."

It's my first wetsuit, so I have nothing to compare it to, but the few times I've worn it in the pool, I've really liked it. I could never find the Xterra suits on sale, then TriSports.com had a 15% off sale on everything, so I bought one (Actually I ordered the Ventilator, but they didn't have my size, so they contacted Xterra directly. That's how I found out about the Vtex). Here's the Xterra contact I have:

Henry Christner henry@xterrawetsuits.com

Maybe he can answer more of your questions.

Zeke
Last edited by: Zeke: Feb 12, 03 5:56
Quote Reply
On Sale... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: On Sale... [Zeke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard they were going out of business that is why all of their suits are on sale or soon will be. My local bike shop told me that they don’t have enough money to make their 2003 suits and he refused to work with them? He said if you are interested wait till the season gets going and the prices should only get better.
Quote Reply