Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Xterra Knoxville anyone?
Quote | Reply
Anyone been there? I want to go this year and will bring my family, including a 4 year old. Wondering about a good place to stay. A pool would be good for the kiddo. Though they will spend race day at the nature center.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra Knoxville anyone? [prefersdirt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most of the hotels near the Sunsphere in Downtown Knoxville (Gay St. Market Square, etc) will be pretty nice. Holiday Inn Worlds Fair Park is the host hotel for the Knoxville Marathon, it would check the boxes, (also has a heated indoor pool and is ~1/2mile from Fort Kid) but most anything in that area will be fairly nice. You'll also have walking access to food/stuff to do. The drive from Downtown to Ijams is ~15min (traffic depending of course)

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just camp the night before. That's what I do for most of my Xterra's. You'll meet some new people and wake up on site!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll chime in since this is my home race and you would actually ride right by my house.
There is no camping at the race venue unfortunately, however the race venue is all of about 5-10 minutes from downtown so there really arent any bad hotel options.
The course is a blast and although not super technical from a mtb side, it is more technical than a standard xterra course for the SE. The swim is usually non wetsuit but it was last year.
It is a great race to make a weekend out of because of the area, if you have energy after there are tons of other great mtb trails as well.
The run is good, and then that last climb is a mofo!
Quote Reply