Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Xentis Tria Disc and Mark3 / 5 spoke?
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any experience with the Xentis Tria Disc and Mark3 / 5 spoke?

https://xentis.com/product-category/tria/

Last edited by: Constantine: May 27, 20 6:14
Quote Reply
Re: Xentis Tria Disc and Mark3 / 5 spoke? [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to ride the mk2 5 spoke and a disc.
Super well made and excellent disc wheel. The mk3 is basically similar to the mk2 front slightly lower profile. Very strong and of course stays true unlike normal spokes. Both wheels run 25mm tires well. Not heavy not light. Good braking.
. However my front wheel had a speed wobble at about 60-65kph which was quite annoying.

Also in strong cross wind the disc was rock solid but the front wheel would be a bit twitchy. Mk3 being lower profile maybe better.

Overall sad I sold the pair but believe the disc is a keeper and the mk3 is probably fixing some issues of the mk2 front.

Very pretty in matt greyed graphics and has a nice whump whump whump sound apparently (many training partners commented on it I never heard anything)
Quote Reply
Re: Xentis Tria Disc and Mark3 / 5 spoke? [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Their 'blade' disc wheels remind me of when HED tried integrating their trispoke into a disc wheel.....they gave up on that after a very short time I believe, so I'm guessing its not as fast as a smooth disc..
Quote Reply
Re: Xentis Tria Disc and Mark3 / 5 spoke? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have these on my recent Cervélo P5D build.

Disclaimer: I'm a road cyclist, not a triathlete. Mostly ride short to medium lenght TTs up to 90km, some of which have technical turns and some steep hills & descents.
My criteria for wheels were: stiffness, crosswind stability, reasonable weight, aesthetics, tubeless compatibility. Xentis seems to tick all the boxes. Build quality is excellent, they are rock solid even when hammering the climbs off the saddle. The hubs seem smooth. Mark 3 front wheel is easier to ride in windy conditions than a Zipp 404.

As for aerodynamics, I don't have a clear comparison. I have broken several PRs with my Cervélo P5 / Xentis combo, compared to my Giant Trinity TT with Zipp 808/Super9. Haven't done a proper head-to-head comparison on the velodrome yet. I'm currently using Michelin Power TT 25mm with latex tubes on the Xentis, but might try Vittoria Corsa Speed tubeless 23mm on the front soon.

Quote Reply
Re: Xentis Tria Disc and Mark3 / 5 spoke? [JHeiro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JHeiro wrote:
I have these on my recent Cervélo P5D build.

Disclaimer: I'm a road cyclist, not a triathlete. Mostly ride short to medium lenght TTs up to 90km, some of which have technical turns and some steep hills & descents.
My criteria for wheels were: stiffness, crosswind stability, reasonable weight, aesthetics, tubeless compatibility. Xentis seems to tick all the boxes. Build quality is excellent, they are rock solid even when hammering the climbs off the saddle. The hubs seem smooth. Mark 3 front wheel is easier to ride in windy conditions than a Zipp 404.

As for aerodynamics, I don't have a clear comparison. I have broken several PRs with my Cervélo P5 / Xentis combo, compared to my Giant Trinity TT with Zipp 808/Super9. Haven't done a proper head-to-head comparison on the velodrome yet. I'm currently using Michelin Power TT 25mm with latex tubes on the Xentis, but might try Vittoria Corsa Speed tubeless 23mm on the front soon.

Great thanks for the info
Quote Reply